DD turns 9

We're having a Justin Bieber themed party (of course, what else would it be???), and we already have a lot of really great ideas for party games and microphone cupcakes. But, DH thought it would be easier to just get a bunch of pizzas and have that.....I thought it was kinda lame. Do you ladies have any better ideas on what to serve to eat for JB themed party?

jalvarez626

Asked by jalvarez626 at 12:09 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• We don't do fancy parties. My kids would LOVE pizza. My middle daughter turned 8 last year and her party was planned overnight. There was no food, just box made cupcakes with plain frosting. My 5yo had some colored plates and we had fish sticks, chicken nuggets and french fries for lunch with box made cupcakes.
    The kids LOVED both parties (my kids and their guests...had a great time).

Oh, and all 4 of my kids HATE Justin Bieber. My 8 1/2yo daughter gags whenever one of his songs comes on, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:09 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i think pizza is a great idea especially at that age kiddos LOVE pizza!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:18 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Maybe you could have a make your own pizza station? Ice cream station? Get all the toppings for both, that would be great fun!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:37 PM on May. 26, 2011

• lol Okay, I guess I was being an overzealous parent then! I'm just so excited this is going to be her first actual party. Every year, we've always had her parties at Peter Piper Pizza, so this will be her first party at home with her friends. I'm more excited than she is, I think! Jen, you are SO lucky you get a gag when his songs come on. I get the excited ear piercing screams! Thank you ladies for the suggestions!
    jalvarez626

Comment by jalvarez626 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on May. 26, 2011