Paul Ryan

How many of you like Paul Ryan?
What do you think about his political views?
Anyone know him personally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think his ideas are great. I don't know him personally but he seems like a stand up kind of guy.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Like him? Don't know him personally to say whether I like him or not.

Do I support him? I support his ambition to step out of the comfort zone of DC politics. My views align with him moreso in the areas of reforming Medicare, Social Security, etc.. Compared to other politicians~He has introduced more legislation that addresses the REAL problems and issues that are hurting the US, economically. My views are in line with his stance on other issues as well (environment, illegal immigration, etc)... I don't know enough about his "social" views to really care... They are not a priority to me..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:20 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't know him personally. I agree with him just about across the board politically.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:57 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't know him personally. I like what I am seeing though. Someone has to be willing to stick their neck out and make the hard choices. Kudos to him for doing it. He will probably be on our campaign donation list.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:35 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Do not know him personally. Undecided on other two questions.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:16 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I think some serious questions need to be asked and answered. So far all I've heard is that he wants to basically get rid of medicare and medicaid and turn it into a voucher system but I haven't heard anything about how that would work. Would the vouchers be enough for a person to purchase health insurance for six months, a year, 2 years...what? Are they going to send said vouchers out every month? It would be very sad if elderly folks got a voucher which enabled them to obtain health insurance but then they weren't able to meet the monthly premiums. It's fine to say "hey, we'll make it a voucher system" but everyone needs to know how it would work and whether or not a person would have to meet the rising costs of that insurance on their own after receiving the voucher and purchasing health insurance. Or is the voucher something they use only when going for medical care?
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 3:32 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Don't [ersonally know him

Agree with his stance and voting record (tax reform, bankruptcy reform) on some of the issues and disagree on many others- free trade, abortion, civil rights issues-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't know him but he seems to be genuine in his quest to do something about our ever growing problems which, I can't say the other side seems to be very much concerned about. All that has been proven about Obamacare is that his buddies get waivers, that is certainly not a positive for the O'albatross they are trying to place around all the rest of our necks.

The fact that IS that we ALL are going to have to pay in some way for the reckless, frivolous, anti-American spending spree that this progressive admin. has been on, since they took office. Yes, the previous admin. did things we don't like but this admin. has gone WAY beyond anything done by them, imo. This admin. seems to be hell bent on bankrupting our country. Obama tells us that we need to live within our means, and yet he and his admin. spare no expense on anything, if you knew that you only had $5.00 to spend, why would you keep spending $500,000. every day?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 5:23 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Itsmesteph11,

Frankly I haven't been listening to anyone really. I did go to his website which really doesn't answer much and sounds just like every other politician. Changes in Health insurance, no matter who is proposing it, will not work unless they control the costs at their source. in this case, the medical & prescription drug providers, no matter what anyone does, eventually we'll be back in pretty much the same situation. $10.00 for an aspirin given to you in a hospital is beyond rediculous & a two day stay can cost $9000.00 or more. As costs rise, so will the amount that Medicare (or whatever they choose to call it) has to pay out or lose providers as will the cost of health insurance over-all. Everyone is all about the cost of health insurance, competition will keep rates lower, etc., etc. & no one is looking at the source of the increasing costs, they don't even admit that it's a big part of the (cont)
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:41 PM on May. 26, 2011

• problem. You simply cannot keep a health insurance rates low & have a sustainable program for the elderly if the cost of health care continues to rise.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:42 PM on May. 26, 2011