Who here DIDN'T find the baby's gender until it was born?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 12:19 PM on May. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did not know the gender with my first ... I didn't want to know, don't really see the point.

With my second, I did only because I was having some complications and there was a good chance of the baby coming early, too early in fact, and my doc wanted to know the sex because statistically speaking, girls typically did better in those type of situations than boys.
    Anonymous

• I didn't want to know. It was mainly because my husband didn't want to know. Just so I wouldn't slip up and say the sex I didn't want to know either.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:29 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We decided not to find out in advance.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:29 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I wanted to know, but they couldnt tell! I like to plan and have things ready. So it was hard, but in the end I am glad I waited. I asked them not to tell me what the baby was, but to show me. So they held her up over the cover thing(c-section) for me to see.! It was cool. With #2 they told me when he was born. It is worth the wait, but so hard to at the same time.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I didn't find out with my 1st, but I did with the other 4!

Answer by missanc at 12:56 PM on May. 26, 2011

• When I was pregnant my first two times we were told wrong!!! So when I got pregnant the third time I didnt want to found out at all... and it was a surprise!!! definately worth the waiting!!!!!!!
    solmenkoo3

Answer by solmenkoo3 at 1:05 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We chose not to find out with any of our 5 kids. It was the best surprise at the end when the nurse/doctor yelled out the sex. So exciting especially since I had planned c-sections so I knew the exact date and approximate time each would be born. We ended up with 3 girls and 2 boys.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:58 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I found out with my first three. The next one I have I don't want to know. I have two hours n a girl. So to me it really doesn't matter. But my husband has no kids and he wants to know. Isle like to compromise. Have a revealing baby shower. We came up eighths idea before we miscarried. So hopefully there will be a next time.
    startingover777

Answer by startingover777 at 4:15 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Just FYI, but no one can know a baby's gender before the baby is born. However, you can know the sex. And I did find out my children's sexes before they were born.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:50 PM on May. 26, 2011