Do you stay on the computer all day even when there's things to do?

i could be cleaning, there are a lot of things to clean in this house, i could be cooking some sort of lunch even though we just had breakfast two hours ago, but i stay online all day checking and rechecking email, cafemom, and facebook, along w/ a few other things-even though theres rarely anything new. anyone else do this?? how'd you break the habit?

mommiewife11

Asked by mommiewife11 at 12:29 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I have three children, a husband who doesn't know the difference between the floor and a hamper, a home business, a new store in the works, 3 full time blogs, a new HB group, an affilitate-ship with 2 different companies and numerous causes to do fundraising for and arrange meetings and so on for... There is ALWAYS something that I SHOULD BE or COULD BE doing. But let's be honest, mommy needs a break once in a while too...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:56 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My computer is on all day and my email, school account, cafemom, and facebook is open all the time. I "let" myself get on after I finish a chore. Today its rainy and crappy so the kids are stuck inside, so probably won't be on as much in effort to find things to keep them from getting to board.

Try making a schedule of what you need to get done, after a block of time, if you have gotten anything done, award yourself with some computer time. That is kinda how I do it with me and the kids. Although I don't "award" myself homework time, that is just part of what has to be done.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:47 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I work on my computer all day so I am here anyway.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:32 PM on May. 26, 2011

• No
    orlando136

Answer by orlando136 at 12:32 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Sometimes.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• sorry, that is supposed to say, "gotten everything done" not "anything".
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• When I was pregnant with my baby, definitely. I was so lazy because I felt awful and I didn't clean the house nearly as much as I should have. I just sat online all day until my husband came home on the days I wasn't working, or when I got home from work. I didn't work a lot.

Now I keep the house in good shape, but I can't do much during the day because my kiddo needs me. Half my day I am sitting on the bed nursing him.

I put him in his play station toy thing and do dishes, laundrey, etc. but he doesn't like the thing for too long and he wants me to get him out and just play with him, so I do a lot of that.

When he sleeps I guess I *should* be doing housework but that's when I mess around on here. I mostly do housework when my husband comes home and plays with the baby.

Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 12:56 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I work on the computer, so I have to be on my work one 8hrs/day. I do get on my pc frequently during the day and check my email, facebook, cm, and sometimes play mahjong.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:17 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I get off the computer when I feel like it. Stuff gets done but I don't think I have to be a slave to my family all day. The house is messy because the kids made a mess. I'm not about to clean it up for them. That teaches them nothing. When they get home from school they will clean it.
    I already did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, swept and we had lunch. My 5yo is currently unloading the dishwasher. She volunteered.
    The only thing I SHOULD be doing is laundry but I just don't feel like it. It's a pain because our washer/dryer are old. The dryer takes over 2 hours to dry 1 load of laundry so it wastes electricity and time. Blah.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:27 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I could be cleaning up toys and putting dishes in the dishwasher right now, but eh, I'll do it later. lol It doesn't take that long anyway.

My laptop is on all day. I check e-mails and FB, and other sites here and there as the day goes on.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:18 PM on May. 26, 2011