Preeclampsia

My sister-in-law may have a diagnosis of preeclampsia has anyone ever had a situation where they thought they had it but didn't and if you did have it what happened?

rhonda111787

Asked by rhonda111787 at 12:30 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i had it with my dd and came very close to death..my bp was 209-110 and I had started losing conciousness..my dd was born at 29wks 2days..I had severe swelling and had to have a pic line to my heart to admin meds..and i had an emergency c-section..after she was born tho everything started going back to normal although I still have to take bp meds today
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:03 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I had it starting in my 4th month. It was hell. I was severely swollen, had protein in my urine, and high blood pressure. In my 39th week, my I was swollen so bad my toes turned blue. The admitted me into the hospital the next day and induced my labor. 15 hours of back labor later, I hadn't dialated at all, I was SO swollen I had no facial features, fingers or toes left (so to speak) and the baby's heart rate kept dropping, so they c-sectioned me. That was a piece of cake compared to the pre-eclampsia. It can be fatal to mommy and baby so make sure your SIL does EXACTLY what the docs say. Good luck!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 1:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i had it at the begining of the 5th month and it kept getting worse my dr put me in the hospital and then sent me home on bed rest and on sunday halloween my started having contractionsand they kept getting worse so went to the womens center and i started bleeding there and found out not only was i in labor but my placenta aburted bc of the preeclampisa so i had to transported asap to another hospital with a nnicu and had an ememergnacy c section. me and the baby almost died. she had to be worked on for 11mins and when the dr was about to call it she started brething and heart started beating. i had her on the day i turned 29wks. she is awesome now she has some probs with sucking and swallowing but she is getting better she is 6 and a half months old and getting bigger and bigger. she was int he nnicu for 11 wks came home on her due date.
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 8:23 PM on May. 26, 2011