i want to wax/pluck my own eyebrows

any tips??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• don't over do it! lol
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 8:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yes, do not overdo it, people think that they can go a little further with the plucking then - whoosh! your eyebrows dissapeared!

my sis in law waxed her's, she must of pushed on the tape while the wax was on it cause it completly took them off, so be sure to be careful if your waxing!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i know im scared to have crazy looking ones....and im allergic to wax. is there a good website to go to, or do salons pluck if you ask?
    Anonymous

• you should try an eyebrow razer, i use them. you can get them pretty much anywhere they come in a pack of three
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I would recommend that if you have someone that does eyebrow threading I would do that instead. But if you decide on waxing, go to someone that knows what they are doing!!! Trust me!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• if you break out easy i would stay away from eyebrow razers. i used them once and i had pimples around my eyebrows. my bro uses it for his unibrow & always has little pimples there.
    if you pluck them draw w/ eyeliner or an eyebrow pencil exactly where you want your brows, it will keep you from overplucking. you want to pluck each hair by itself & pull the way the hair grows. if you put some pressure where the hair comes out it wont hurt as bad. also, shower right before you pluck & have ice handy to keep down the swelling.
    i know nothing about wax, i have very little brow so its kinda pointless for me to pay for stuff when plucking is enough.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I would pluck rather than wax if you've never done it before...it is WAY too easy to lose an eyebrow waxing. At least with plucking there is a lot more control.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Don't go too thin. I'd get stencils so you don't shape them all funky.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Spend the extra few dollars and hit the salon!
    CandleQueen82

Answer by CandleQueen82 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

• Don't take an ambien prior to doing it. I had half an eyebrow when I woke up. How's that for a tip?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2008