Are people just looking for a reason to be upset?

Link

In a nutshell- 3 women are in the ad- from left to right: African American, Latino and White; it says something about improving the beauty of your skin-

Some are saying it gives the impression that Dove can turn an African American to a Latino to a White and thats a good thing-thats an improvement-

REALLY?

soyousay

Asked by soyousay at 1:03 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• That's one of the dumbest things I have heard all week!! People will turn anything into racism and really that's just stupid.  Drama queens.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:05 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Some are saying it gives the impression that Dove can turn an African American to a Latino to a White and thats a good thing-thats an improvement-

I can think of some CMr's who would probably agree with this statement.. Pathetic!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:07 PM on May. 26, 2011

• People are just stupid. I'm sorry, but ANYONE with half a brain can see the panels are showing before skin and after skin.......not race transformation. Can we all say DUH!!!!!!!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:07 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yeah and if it were just the white girl, or just the latino girl, or just the african american girl, it would still be racist for not including the other two. People need to get over themselves.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 1:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Seriously? Makes my head hurt.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:07 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Some people are desperate to read racism into everything. Imagine what they could do if they would focus their energy into something that was actually useful. Geez.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:14 PM on May. 26, 2011

• The panel in back only appears to be darker because of the texture. Ever have issues with dry skin or eczema? My skin is far lighter where I don't have my eczema, that's because it's healthier there.

This ad, and people's responses to it are one of the biggest problems with this country today. Being aware of race issues is a good thing, but making issues where there are none... not such a good thing. Those kinds of things create more racism, why do people want to do that? It makes no sense. If the goal is to bring people together, then why try so hard to push them apart?
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:24 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Easy solution - remind the desperate whiners that the people who make the Dove ads are the same people who make the Axe ads. Their inner feminazi will overshadow any trace of implied racism they've invented.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:03 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I think its an add and it shows women of every race using their product nothing wrong with that in my book showing all kinds of beauty !
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• That was really dumb. It is stupid to interpret the ad as 'racial' at all....
    People let me down more every day.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:56 PM on May. 26, 2011