How do you make your 16 months old fast asleep faster/earlier

My 16 months old daughter has issue sleep at night. She takes 2 naps during day time , normally between 1-1.5 hrs each. At night, i usually take her upstairs to sleep around 9-9:30pm. She always toss and turn for at least 30 mins, recently 1 hour to fall asleep. Most of time, i fell asleep with her as well and couldn't get up to do my own stuffs.
IS there a better way make her sleep faster or earlier? need help! thanks! and happy long weekend everyone

Lucy124

Asked by Lucy124 at 1:08 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Shorten the naps would be my first move.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• when my daughter began doing that i cut out one of the naps she now takes 1 two hour nap at about 2:00 or 2:30 is up by about 4:15. i also have to put her in the crib and just let her cry herself to sleep sometimes it takes an hour or so but she now knows that nap time is nap time and she has to nap. if you have a monitor put it in the room with her and when she stops crying for about 20 mins go check on her and make sure she is ok and that she is still in bed. lol my daughter has tried to climb out of crib. we lowered it though so now she knows she cant get out of it. haha. anyhow good luck!!
    lovemybabies923

Answer by lovemybabies923 at 3:34 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i would do your routine earlier. whatever you do for your nightly routine just make it by a half hour earlier and i agree cut out one of those naps.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:43 PM on May. 27, 2011