What kind of insurance do you have??

I am looking for the "best" but "cheap" insurance for my whole family.

What do all of you momma's out there go through??

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 1:11 PM on May. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm blessed, I have decent insurance through my job and my son is on Florida Kidcare
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:13 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I have kaiser permanente
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:13 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We have Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield through DH's work and love it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We have United Healthcare but it's through my husband's job. We only pay like $150/month for a family of 7. Used to be just $50 month a few years ago.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:54 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We have Blue Cross/Blue Shield and it costs us $750 a month for a family of five.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:31 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I have BCBS through my job. One word to the wise--what most of us here have is through our work at groups rates. Unfortunately, you'll be paying for it on your own and the plans, even with the same company, are going to be more expensive and, likely, not cover as much. What you want to find out is what is covered what is NOT covered, what your deductible is, whether you have a co-pay for doctors visits, if they offer well-visits, if there is a waiting period for coverage. Finding the balance between decent coverage, good price, and reliable company is very tricky so you may want to talk with an insurance agent who specializes in individual plans. I wish you the best of luck!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• dh, ds and i just got ours through the state. dh is unemployed and i am a sahm....we are both looking for jobs right now
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 2:53 PM on May. 26, 2011