How would you handle it if your mother inlaw....

I just found out by my sister that my mil has told my ex neighbor who is early 20s ( mil is training neighbor at job) that a few yrs ago my hubby cheated on me. Yes, he cheated on me and yes I've stayed with him. I know everyone has opinions about this, but you are not me. Anyways, I never told anyone about this except my sister (she caught them), my inlaws ( they had our daughter at the time I found out and they knew I was upset and told them ) It was private thing, I mean you don't go babbling that sort of thing to the whole world, you know?
I'm am so upset I can't see straight!! I haven't seen this neighbor in yrs and for my mil to tell her?!?! I just want to confront her about this and tell her to mind her own business!! My husband has no idea that she has done this and I think he would be upset about this. My sister told me to forget about it, but I can't! She told me not to tell hubby or mil. I DO NOT TRUST my mil at all!! My mom moved out of state and really hasn't been there for me, so I always went to mil to confide in, now I want to rip her head off!! Do I tell hubby or not? Should I tell my mil how I feel? ( i will be civil ) Yes, it was yrs ago, but why still talk about it and to other people? Makes me wonder who else she has told. No one wonder my fil's family didn't want anything to do with them.
I just don't know what to do?? Should I say something to hubby or not? OR should I talk to mil about it and not let hubby involved?? I can't forget about it. Oh, my sis wants to bring it up to hubby next week before I do anything, she thinks he will not believe me and making things up. Someone, please help me!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I would get hubby involved. He should know that your MIL is spreading your business to people that don't need to know.

There are no secrets in marriage and he should be the one to take care of this with his mom. If he does nothing, then, I would say something to her myself.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:26 PM on May. 26, 2011

• You should talk to hubby first, then MIL........good luck with it. I am so blessed my MIL is an angel and a saint....she has my utmost respect and devotion!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:28 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It sounds like you're close to your MIL (or were), so maybe you could have a calm conversation and ask her about it. Let her know you feel betrayed and that you don't want your personal business out there like that. It seems as if this is something between your MIL and you, so involving your husband is really up to, but it doesn't seem necessary to resolve the issue.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:37 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I would get hubby involved. He should know that your MIL is spreading your business to people that don't need to know. There are no secrets in marriage and he should be the one to take care of this with his mom. If he does nothing, then, I would say something to her myself
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:40 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Talk to him first. This is his mess too. He needs to be the one to deal with his mother blabbing private business to others.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:43 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I would tell my husband and not share any more personal details of my life with my MIL again.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:34 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I think I'd be very candid about what I say to MIL in the future.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• He needs to know what his mother is doing, and she needs to know she has crossed a line. What she did is cruel, to bring up that horrible part of the past. I would never tell her anything again.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:23 PM on May. 29, 2011