At what age did you introduce meat to your baby? if at all...

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 1:34 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My boy was just under a year when he discovered knawing on a baby back was well worth the work! LOL Then again, he had almost a full set of chompers.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• like 9 months, eat wouldn't eat it, it was like a tough piece of meat that i let him gnaw on just to see what it would taste like, he loved it!
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 1:40 PM on May. 26, 2011

• my son Logan is 7months old and eats meat in jars or even if i make something that is meat and i know he can gum it. But most cases like 8 or 9months old, and depending how many teeth they have and how good they chew other things like Cheerios.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:46 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I didnt give my DD meat until she was about 13 months old. Has never cared for it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:57 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My 11 year old first had meat sometime after his first birthday
    My 2 year old had her first taste of meat (chicken nuggets) about 11 months old
    My 8 month old ...I gave him a jar of baby food with meat in it a couple weeks ago..but it looked so nasty I didnt do it again, LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:01 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We introduced meat to my DD when she was 7 months old..it was ground chicken that i cooked and purreed then mixed in some of her veggies.
    Limarey

Answer by Limarey at 3:30 PM on May. 26, 2011

• 7 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i've been a vegetarian for ten years, so it will probably be my husband who introduces and feeds meat
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 11:22 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I fed all of my children real food right from the start. Not exclusively, however. My first one had colic, although it was so many years ago they didn't know what it was, and she would vomit everything she put down, breastmilk, formula, even meat based formula. The doctor said if I hadn't fed her the real food, she would have died. After her, I decided I wasn't taking my chances. All of my children are grown and they grew up healthy. No eating problems, no digestive problems. Think about it, before the age of formula, women who couldn't breastfeed, what did they give their babies?
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 1:05 AM on May. 27, 2011

• Around a year.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 8:15 PM on May. 27, 2011