Weight loss help

okay...i am freaking. i just weighed myself...oh boy...250lbs. i am feeling really crappy right now. have any of you had any luck with any weight loss plans? any ideas or advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• I got an exercise and calorie tracker app for my phone... its sends me reminders and gives me "medals" when I log in a workout.
    Its pretty cool.
    I have also started P90X. I've lost 3 lbs in the last week and a half (only 50 more to go! haha)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My advice is eating habits make the biggest difference. Just make healthy choices... and if you dont work out or dont have time, go on a bike riode and small walks. Getting started is the hardest part, and it may seems to take forever, but you will get to where you want to be! I promise... been there! To start calculate your BMR (look online and they will tell you how) and knock off daily calorie intake per day based on that. If you are burning more than you are taking in, then you will lose weight :)
    thatgrlkels

Answer by thatgrlkels at 1:37 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm doing SouthBeach....have had success w/ that in the past. I wanna try Zoomba!!!!! but I don't know if my body will cooperate...everyone says it is fu.
    kaedrasgma

Answer by kaedrasgma at 1:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• After I had my son I waited a while before I did anything about my weight. he was 5 Months before I started anything. I started by doing walk away the pounds, they are work out dvds. They have them at walmart and target. Then on top of the dvds I would go on another walk out doors around the neighborhood. Once I started doing healthy activities it was a lot easier for me to eat healthier. Once I was more in shape I started the stationary bike, swimming, and jogging. You just have to pace yourself and work up to being more and more in shape. Also You are not suppose to let yourself get hungry this actually slows your metabolism. Keep healthy snacks on hand, like: soyjoy bars, fiber one bars, apples, other fruit, almonds... Eat healthy. Soon enough you will find what works best for you and your lifestyle. Hope this helps!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 1:41 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I had great success with Nutrisystem. I know it sounds corny but I went from 295 to 247 in a matter of months and kept it off. Life got in the way and I just restarted my diet, with a modified version but in the year I was not on NS I only gained back 6 lbs (which for me is a miracle considering all the eating out we were doing in that time).

There are sites that have do it yourself NS plans, which is what I am doing now and even though I'm still over 250, I feel great :)

Good luck!

Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:49 PM on May. 26, 2011