Do you let your baby watch TV/movies? If so, what do they watch?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 1:34 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby Einstein and we strapped a portable dvd player to the back of the seat so the baby could see it and played it when we were in the car.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 1:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• At breakfast time, I turn on Mickey Mouse club house for all the kids,my youngest is 8 months old..he sits in the highchair while I feed him and he watches it sometimes too..but mostly he doesn tpay attention to it,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:40 PM on May. 26, 2011

• She would watch Baby Einstein, and she loved Barney & the old school PeeWee's Playhouse, lol
    Neelah

Answer by Neelah at 1:41 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't stop her from watching it. But I don't put it on for her either. She will watch whatever the rest of us are watching...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:47 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Nothing "for" her, though she'd be in the room when the tv was on with cooking shows, travel stuff, etc. DD is 18 months old now and really doesn't watch tv. It helps, though, that she is an only child. If we had an older child, it would have been harder to keep her from watching stuff.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:49 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My son watched Your Baby Can Read starting at 3 months old and Baby Einstein too. Then as his attention span grew we started putting Nick Jr on for him just to watch a show or two. Now he's 2 1/2 and loves all the kids' movies. He can watch an 1 1/2 movie from start to end and then want to watch it again, so we have to be careful haha. I'm happy that he can be so entertained with a movie or show, but we try not to take advantage of it. I do feel like starting learning DVD's so young helped him with his speaking though. He learned some important signs to tell us what he wanted/needed very young, and started saying words not too long afterwards. He's been a talking machine for about a year now.
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't "let" him watch anything. If the TV is on (like it is now... Max & Ruby for my 5yo) and he wants to look at it than I don't care. One TV or the other is almost always on. He rarely pays attention to it. He's 10 months. My other kids didn't show much interest in the TV until they were around 18 months. He did LOVE to watch football when he was like 4-7 months old. Anytime football was on his eyes were glued to the screen and he'd stop fussing. It was so cute. Not sure if it will interest him this year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:00 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yo Gabba Gabba, Wow Wow Wubbzy, Blues Clues
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 2:03 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My daughter doesnt have any special shows that are just for her. Sh is four monthes old, and if the TV is on for me she'll cran her head to try and watch it, she must just love the lights and the movment. But she never just sits and watchs it alone.
    Gracie_Kayy

Answer by Gracie_Kayy at 4:05 PM on May. 26, 2011

• No tv for my baby. The AAP says no TV under age 2. Lots of studies have shown the more tv babies watch the lower their vocabulary and the higher their rates of ADHD later on. Even the stuff that is supposed to be "educational" like Baby Einstien and My Baby Can Read.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:35 PM on May. 26, 2011