baby dropped...now this...?

Well, this morning I woke up at like 430am and had to throw up for a good long bit. While I was throwing up, my baby decided to drop! It was sooo painful to walk back to the bedroom. But when I woke back up I had diarrhea (normal from the drop, I guess?). So lucky me, I had TONS of errands to run on the day my baby decides to drop, so needless to say I'm in PAIN, my legs and hips are hurting sooo badly. It like starts in my pelvic cavity/inside my hip (the front part) and a sharp pain goes from there down the inside of my leg, and feels like my legs are gonna break out of the socket at any moment! Ugh this sucks! Anyways, I have also been losing my mucous plug in pieces for the past two days. So, what do you all think? Does all this sound normal? I'm 35 weeks. I should know about this stuff by now, but I dont... What does this mean as far as labor is concerned? Is it near??

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 8:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it all sounds normal to me...all that pressure is hitting you in different places now and it will probably stay uncomfortable for you until you deliver :( I'm with you right now. I can hardly sleep at all because when I lay on my sides my hips hurt and I get pain down my legs...when I lay on my back it still hurts, but then I have pressure "down below" too. I just don't think there is much you can do but wait it out and try to take it easy. (Oh, my MIL is an OB nurse and recommended sleeping with a heating pad under my hips to see if that will help...I'm going to try it tonight.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• As a mother of three, I have some experience in this matter, lol..my suggestion is that you see your ob/gyn just to make sure everything is ok, always better safe than sorry, however, I remember my mucous plug with my last one came apart a few days before labor but labor would just not go so smoothly and at the last minute they induced my labor, so I suggest like I said before to see your OB/gyn , try not to do too much activities other than walking, eat right and rest as much as possible. May God Bless you and your unborn child now and always. Mari
    Hurtnlostmom

Answer by Hurtnlostmom at 8:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Wow...we are so close....and it is happening to me!!!!!!

gosh....i just posted a question like this lol..

wow!
    gl

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008