Have you ever felt like?

you have found a true friend just to get kicked in the head and them make all sorts of excuses as to why they can't do anything with you or have them backed out at the last minute?

How does it make you feel? How do you handle it?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:38 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I know hard cause I went through the same thing with mine. I thought they were a friend for along time but one day she told me off about something and was staying with a man cause I have kids invoved( but going through a divorce now) and said I was a bad mom. I was so hurt and came on here and now have some very goods on here who help now with my problems and life. I will email you and be your friend to help with things. You just try again and hope the right one comes along. Some times you win and some times you lose. Just hang in there since the right one will come in your life sometime and they are the very best kind to have.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:47 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I felt this way when my "BEST FRIEND" completely vanished once I got pregnant, had my son who was SO HARD as a infant/toddler and I had no one.. she magically came back around when she got pregnant and my heart, once again, opened up and got slammed.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:41 PM on May. 26, 2011

• How I deal with it...I do nothing with anyone buy my kids, lol...My Husband even gets on my nerves. I can say let's go somewhere to my kids and they are ready, they don't complain or drive me near as crazy as adults do....sad, I know, but I just don't do much with anyone else. My youngest daughter had a dance recital Tuesday and my Husband was in the truck as SOON as it was over, waiting. It was like...thank goodness it's over....so tonight when I go to my oldest son's graduation, he can go alone or stay home...I will not be rushed...this is my son, not his so it's not like it will really bother him that much. He is not ruining this for me...my Mom is going, she is the only adult who can go besides my kids, lol...isn't that awful??? It is so sad that adults are like this so bad that you can't do anything with them. They whine more than kids do.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 1:44 PM on May. 26, 2011

• no. i choose my friends wisely. I have been burned as a teen, but I'm wiser now & know not to open my heart to just any "friend" that comes along. I have LOTS of acquaintances...but i have only a few real good friends that i know i can trust. They are hard to find, once you find them...hang on to them. I would rather have no friends, then "friends" i could not put my trust in.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I think friends are like any other relationship, they take work. People get busy in their lives and can't always be around when we need them to be. If this person is truly a friend of yours, you should give them the benefit of the doubt, and talk to them about how you feel. If you know they're the type of person that backs out at the last minute often, you can either choose to accept this as part of their personality and continue to be friends, or you can choose not to be friends with someone like that and keep that in mind when you make new friends.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:04 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I just went through this very painful friendship loss after my divorce. We had many mutual couple friends and my ex does a lot of biking stuff with them. I can only imagine the horrible things he had to say to them about me since he is still so rageful towards me.

My really close friendship with this girl slowly faded to a few phone calls, then an e-mail here and there, and finally just to Facebook contact. I made several attempts at the beginning of the divorce to stay in touch with her but she kept blowing me off afterwards.

Finally, last month I found that she had deleted me as her friend on Facebook. This to me was unusually cruel and painful to me, but at least I know now that it is finally over and I have been able to grieve that as well as my divorce. I guess I get a whole new beginning at life all around.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 2:25 PM on May. 26, 2011