Sick kids.

My sons Logan and Haiden both got sick. I took Logan to the dr yesterday and they told me it was nothing, and this morning we went back in and they have hand, mouth disease, There is a medical term to it and it clears up with in 5-7days on it's own. basically it is like strep throat but with out the red irritation in the back of their throat.
Logan all day yesterday was extremely fussy and wouldn't drink anything u offered him. I gave him Tylenol and bendryl for sleep last night, he slept through the night and woke up in a lot better mood.
Today Logan is happy and just drank 5oz for lunch which is more than what he has in the last 24hrs.
Haiden on the other hand is a lot worse than Logan, but is eating and drinking.
But what else can i do to make my baby boys comfortable. I am doing what the dr says but i feel like i should do more?

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:51 PM on May. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• As a mom you want your kid better. Just keep with the doctors are doing. What are their ages? You can keep them busy with things to do like new coloring or sticker books. I usually keep a small bag of items of new things to surprise them with and that helps. Give them what sounds good to eat and maybe easy things to eat like popslices or pudding since througt might be sore. let them watch a movie or cartoons to get them to relax. Just hang in there since it will pass soon.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:56 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Hand/foot/mouth disease makes them pretty miserable. I would suggest Motrin if it were my kids, sometimes it is just better than Tylenol all around for overall feeling better.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:04 PM on May. 26, 2011