When you open your pool, how do you get it clear and all the green out?

Day 1- 5 bags of shock 1 bottle of algaecide 60
day 2- 5 bags of shock
day 3 - 4 bags of shock
day4- 5 small jugs of bleach
day 5- 5 BIG jugs of bleach
day 6 - 5 BIG jugs of bleach
day 7 - 5 BIG jugs of bleach
day 8- another 6 bags of shock

pool is now a thick blue color, not green at least, but now what? I am gonna vacuum it tonight and hope and pray that help too, then add another 5 big jugs of bleach?

Im about to loose hope~

2teens2LOs

Asked by 2teens2LOs at 2:11 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Take a new sample in now that its blue and see what she says.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 3:19 PM on May. 26, 2011

• This is why I have pool maintenance!!! I have no idea!

Answer by older at 2:16 PM on May. 26, 2011

• how big is your pool? Maybe call a pool supply company and ask
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:21 PM on May. 26, 2011

• You need to take a sample of your water to a pool place. They will be able to help you more. You've done way too much.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:22 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I called for pool maintence and they are so far behind due to rain it was going to be forever. I also have took a sample and that was on the day I first used 4 bags of shock, before the bleach and I spoke to her 3 days ago and she said if it is turning blue- that's a good thing to keep putting chlorine to it and it will eventually turn clear???
    2teens2LOs

Comment by 2teens2LOs (original poster) at 2:30 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Do you guys have a Pinch a Penny there? Take a water sample in to them and have it tested to see what else you need. Sometimes you need more than just chlorine, sometimes you need to add muriatic acid too, and stuff that gets rid of various algaes. We maintain ours year round, so I have never had to go from gross to clear, but it WILL happen with the right chemicals and time.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:15 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Call your local pool place... they should be able to help. I think you need to buy something called shock.
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I dont know much about it but i know my moms does SHOCKS SHOCK SHOCK.. oh and a bit more SHOCK! lol

She would take samples up to our local pool place & they would always have her walk out with $100+ of crap & the pool would then feel gross, or burn you..

Get your own testing strips. and start googling. or maybe find a group somewhere online about pool care to get help from others..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:31 PM on May. 26, 2011

• THERE IS A SOLUTION FOR ALGAE THEY SELL A BOTTLE A WALMART AND YOU PUT IT IN OVER NIGHT AND IT CLEANS IT I LOVE IT
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 7:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Are you running your filter? Have you checked your PH & Alkalinity levels? My pool is run on a salt generator. When we open ours it is as clear as when we closed it.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 9:52 PM on May. 26, 2011