Depression is kicking my a@$

i am a sahm with two kids. one of them is dealing with developmental delays. our days are crazy and stressful. i feel like i have lost all sense of control over my life. i am an overweight lethargic blob. my husband no longer wants to have sex. i no longer want to do anything but sit around and eat. i can't seem to figure out how to manage my time, so nothing gets done in my house. i just feel like there is a huge cloud over my head. some kind of fog that won't lift. i have no energy no desire no anything...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• you really need to turn your life around. its never going to get easier until you take control.dont think of it as dieting and exercising, walk a mile every day with the kids, make it fun and make healthier choices when it comes to eating. instead of white breads and pastas eat brown. u'll really start to see a difference. i've tried all types of exercises, and walking was the one that soothed me most. and i think the one that made the biggest differences. then start doing things you like. get ur self esteem back and that alone will attract ur husband. make it a mission to get back in shape and control of your life. and include kids in ur activities, like chores and exercising. they love being included! GOOD LUCK!!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:21 PM on May. 26, 2011

• (((((HUGS))))) you so sound like I was a few months ago, the only difference is I have to work, 3 jobs to boot. I had had it, I just wanted to stay in bed lock the world away and feel sorry for myself................Well I did for about 4 days and something came over me and I decided I could NOT live like this any more. ONLY YOU can make the change, you have to look at what you have, you have children that God has allowed you to mother that oh so need you. SEX what the heck is that, why would he want to have sex with someone with that attitude? Mine did not either, when is the last time you did something with yourself? Not only will it make you feel better but he will too. This is something you have to get a hold of ...................NO ONE can do it for you!!!!! Just smile and say I can make my life better, take a walk with the kiddos and just enjoy the time you will be so glad you did Chin up life could be so much worse GL
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:23 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Hugs. I know what depression is like, I have it too. Remember - your depression will affect everyone in your house, your hubby and the kids. Get out of the house, if you can. Even if it's to take a walk with the kids around a block or to a library. Since I don't know youe situation I don't know if you are able too or not. The sunshine may help, some people do light therapy. If you are able, go to a doctor, you may need meds, you may not. Find a support group for both you and your kids both online and in person. There are lots of depression groups in Cafemom. Try to set small goals. FOr example on Friday I'm going to have all the dishes done, Saturday all the laundry done. Small steps, very small steps. It's easier to do small steps then jump into a big project.
    onix

Answer by onix at 2:25 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Hang in there!! Have you been to your doctor? maybe you need a mild anti-depressant.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 2:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Make an appointment with your doctor and go in and talk to them. They can help, even if they are just your regular doctor. Mine did. You may need meds, or a simple diet change could help lift the fog. Try to get up and move around every day, and check into Flylady.com- she sort of eases you into a routine. You CAN pull through, you just have to TRY. Good luck, Momma!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:12 PM on May. 26, 2011