OK, pls read & give me your opinion on this....sorry a lil' long

I have asked this once before when I was really bothered by it & it still bugs me. Long story short this neighbour of mine started giving me baby clothes for my son. It was like every 3 months I would get stuff and I would always buy them a little something as a thank you. It started off from a garage sale they had & didn't get rid of it so passed it to me when they saw me. Its been a year now and I have not been given anything which is fine BUT it all stopped when I went to the neighbours house to give them money for a bike they gave my dd. I couldn't accept it for free but when I went there the sister was there (she was the one passing clothes along to me but doesn't live there) well what I think is I pissed her off because I gave them money for the bike? even though I was buying stuff as a thank you usually a bottle of wine (because I was told they liked red wine) I never asked for the clothes. I was showing gratefulness & being nice. When I was there I also asked the Mom who lives there maybe one day we can have a play date with my dd & hers to be friendly. Well, it all stopped everything since that day & now when I see them i feel real weird and don't know them well enough to confront or say anything. I know ppl have told me who cares? don't let it bug you! but it does? what did I do wrong? i feel like when we walk by now the daughter doesn't want to say hi kind of on purpose looks away type thing? just the older Mom says HI like It's sooo weird and i feel so weird. I did nothing wrong? I don't understand it. I know I shouldn't care but I feel really uncomfortable now.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:19 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• sounds like you really do not know this person, just neighbors, so you do not know what is going on with her or what she is thinking
    if that was the reason for brushing you off, you are far better off without a friend like that
    just try to finally put this to reast in your mind - you did NOT do anything bad, rude or socailly unexceptable
    so smile when you see her, wave, say hi as you walk by...and feel good
    maybe you are reading something into it that is not there, maybe she has other issues that you can not imagine...or...she has taken the rummage sale clothes/bike wrong and you need to know that this is HER issue and you can not own any part of it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:25 PM on May. 26, 2011

• so why not ask them? Just flat out ask and find out... you don't have to be blunt but you obviously will feel better to find out what the issue is or is not and either way you need to know to feel better.

I would start up a conversation with them the next time you see one of them.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:26 PM on May. 26, 2011

• If it bothers you this much I'd say something to the Mom/Grandma. Something like: Hey, I know y'all were giving me clothes, and I really appreciate that, I was just wondering if I did anything wrong to make you mad at me........
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:29 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My son was an unplanned pregnancy. After he was born she called him Boo-Boo. I felt weird about it, until I asked her about it. *I* though she meant boo-boo and in accident, because that's what he was. I couldn't have been more wrong. SHE meant it as Boo-Boo as in Yogi Bear. Once I heard her reasoning for it I was FINE with her calling him Boo-Boo. She never has again.

You won't be able to put this to rest until you talk to your neighbor.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:00 PM on May. 26, 2011

• The only way to put this to closure is to be up front and ask about it. I am sure by doing this you will feel better and will get respect from others. GL
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 3:46 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I hear you all & you are right I just feel too weird because I don't know them well we have never "hung" out I should have no emotional attachment to this stupid topic but I do? I feel like I did get snubbed almost like "OH she wants to hang out now" or maybe "Oh she gave you money but not me? for all he clothes I gave her" this is what I feel now and I know I didn't do nothing wrong but I can FEEL the weirdness when I walk by I hate it they are 2 doors down. I know i a am sensitive creature but something happened that day ever since its been weird and it all stopped which is FINE I just don't get why and it bugs the hell out of me.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes I know I should but its like asking a stranger something uncomfortable & may make her uncomfortable Idk I hear you.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:52 PM on May. 26, 2011