I'm just a bit concerned, anyone else experienced this and baby been ok?

Ok, I am now 24 weeks along with my little prince. In the beginning of my pregnancy I was a little bit on the heavy side for my height weighing right at 170 lbs. Up until my last doctor appointment on Monday I had only gained 1 lb total so far with my weight flucuating. My doctor hasn't been too concerned since baby seems to be growing just fine. Finally this week I had gained 5 pounds (6 total) but when I was measured, my uterus is measuring 2 1/2 cms behind. So my doctor said she would keep a close eye on me and if I'm still measuring small at my next appointment she will be more concerned and I will be sent for a level 2 ultrasound. Well, since my appointment on Monday I have now lost 3 of the 5 pounds I had gained. It's really starting to worry me as I just want my little guy to be healthy and grow like he should!! I eat all the time and usually healthy snack, been craving fresh fruit like mad! I was just wondering if anyone had experienced weight loss and their baby started measuring small and everything turned out ok? This is my third pregnancy and I've never experienced this before!
TIA!!!

soontobe3ofus

Asked by soontobe3ofus at 2:28 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've heard of ladies who lost weight all the way through pregnancy & still had a very healthy good sized child.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't be as concerned if I didn't start measuring small along with it as well....
    soontobe3ofus

Comment by soontobe3ofus (original poster) at 2:34 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My OB says the measurement thing is often wrong, and he wouldn't do it at all if he wasn't required to. You already had a good ultrasound at 18-22 weeks, right? An extra ultrasound would be great. Try not to worry too much, but if she insists, have her schedule the ultrasound right away, so you don't have to worry too much, and keep busy in the meanwhile. I've had the "we're worried" ultrasound before and I was very stressed that week I had to wait.

SIL lost 50 pounds at one of her pregnancies, and that child is doing just fine in college right now. :-), they didn't measure the belly back then

I'm impressed you're eating mostly healhty snacks! I wanted pizza & nachos
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:53 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Thanks so much for your input! Helps put my mind at ease!!! And honestly, I've been craving sweets so much and I'm not a candy person at all, so I've been eating strawberries, watermelon, grapes and etc like they're going out of season! I love fruit though.
    soontobe3ofus

Comment by soontobe3ofus (original poster) at 2:58 PM on May. 26, 2011