Cloth Diapering

I am wanting info on cloth diapering. What would I need to buy and what not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.zany-zebra.com/how-many-cloth-diapers.shtml
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:33 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Depends on a lot of things, how old is your baby? Do you have an idea of the kind of diapers you want? Join Cuties with Cloth Booties group on here and we can answer ALL your questions. Fluff is addictive and we all have a huge love for cloth diapers :) feel free to message me with questions too if you like:)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:43 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I can't tell you what YOU need, because I don't know what is important to you. But for us, all we needed was a diaper pail (I have a dry pail) and enough diapers for 3-4 days... Everything else is just extras...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Cheapest way is to buy tri-folds / pre-folds and a few waterproof covers. You'll need enough tri-folds to get you through from laundry to laundry, so consider how often you want to do the wash. Also, you might need to double up if your kid is a heavy wetter.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:16 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i agree with most of the moms above me. i TRIED cloth diapers but it didnt work out for me because i share a laundry room with my parents and i couldn't afford the GOOD inserts or very many covers. i think the best would be to buy a few of each kind of diaper, an all in one, a prefold and a tri fold and different brands of covers (research the brands of each kind and narrow down so you dont literally have to buy one of each kind from each brand cause theres a ton) and try them out. thats what i did and i found that i LOVED the thirsties brand ones like this (continued)

ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:11 PM on May. 26, 2011

• but theyre the only brand i tried because i couldn't afford a ton. my best advice is to research them before you buy any. there are a lot of youtube tutorials and reviews on different covers and inserts, i would really recommend spending a few weeks researching all of it.
    i would suggest a diaper pail as one mom already talked about because you need somewhere to put the diapers or inserts when theyre wet or poopy. you also have to get specific kinds of detergent because some can be bad on the inserts and some will irritated baby's skin. there is one website out there that has this great chart of a trillion different detergent and rates how good they are to use or how bad they are to use but unfortunatly i dont know what website it was, i lost the link :/ but you might try and google "cloth diaper detergent chart" or something. i found that to be helpful. (continued)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:15 PM on May. 26, 2011

• oh back to the covers. once you try a few and decide which brand and type you like best, I would recommend buying a starter pack because there are some brands who offer starter packs that are a great value. buying an insert and cover at at time can be extremely expensive but the starter packs generally have good value. remember its an investment but you will save money if not come out even. plus if you have more kids you can resue all of it and then you definitely save money. oh and kids who use cloth diapers tend to potty train sooner because disposable diapers wisk away the wetness so baby doesn't feel wet, but cloth diapers dont do that so as baby gets to be a toddler baby realizes they thats not a good feeling -_- just what ive heard anyway.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:18 PM on May. 26, 2011

• one last thing there are diaper services in some places (theres one herebut i can't afford it :c) that will pick up diapers to wash and drop off inserts. but it costs monthly so it would be more expensive than buying it all yourself.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:19 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Do you want cheaper, but a bit more work; or more expensive, yet very simple? What is your budget? What do you know about cloth diapers?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:00 PM on May. 26, 2011