I am 6 weeks pregnant and sooo sick help?

I haven't puked just felt really sick to my stomach for the last 3 days I can't eat hardly anything and i am already skinny as it is and cant afford to lose anymore weight. is this normal for pregnancy? I hope it is because I already have had a miscarriage a few months back and don't want it to happen again. and i have nausea pills but it dont seem like they help. please gimme your feed back

aliciareichle

Asked by aliciareichle at 2:35 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• Yes it's very normal. I'm 32 weeks and still very nauseated. Go buy those sea bands that go around your wrist they helped me out a lot. I also found eating lemons or just about anything sour worked for me. You can also talk to your doctor or midwife they can give you something.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 2:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• You can also try ginger. For some reason it calms alot of upset stomachs during pregnancy. I had to use it for quite awhile with my last pregnancy. You can buy ginger gum at CVS and Walgreens. GInger Ale also helps alot. Personally I do not like the taste of any of it, but it definitely helped me!
    cheyegirl82

Answer by cheyegirl82 at 2:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I could not keep anything down at first, not even water so you are lucky not to be puking. I got very dehydrated. I have actually heard feeling sick/nauseous is a good sign and I gave birth to a very healthy baby.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 2:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My heart goes out to you. I was so sick with my son that my veins collapsed. It took hours for them to get an IV in me. Don't let it go too far. If you start feeling light headed when you stand, go to the Dr. I tried putting crackers by the bed and eating them before I got up, but it didn't really help. I know it's bad, but it will pass. The rest of my pregnancy was great. Good luck.
    irememberwhen59

Answer by irememberwhen59 at 2:49 PM on May. 26, 2011