Aloe Vera for baby acne?

My 6 wk old has acne...im not sure if it is getting better her cheeks ARE drying up and its flaking away but nowim alittle worried that its baby eczema,i would like to save a trip to the ped. but its fri. im afraid it might get worse over the weekend would like to see results b 4 then i would like to try the aloe vera planr i have....but they say not to put ANYTHING on it but i dont see the harm really....any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated!

evakeniva4

Asked by evakeniva4 at 2:39 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-acne_72.bc
    pipsqueak01

Answer by pipsqueak01 at 3:33 PM on May. 26, 2011

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_eczema_10872.bc
    pipsqueak01

Answer by pipsqueak01 at 3:34 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I would leave it alone and see what happens in the next few days, because if it is acne you want it to dry out and adding the oily aloe vera may make it worse again. My dd had eczema and she had it many places, neck, arms, legs, stomach, but never on her cheeks and it didn't develop until she was two and a half months old. Just my two cents. I would think the aloe is safe, but my suspicion is that it's the acne and aloe won't help it dry out and go away. Good luck either way.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:45 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Eczema is itchy and uncomfortable. If your baby is happy then it is most likely not eczema.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:27 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I would ask the Doctor about that. I find it really hard to believe that she has "acne"....but it can be a food allergy(from formula or breast milk depending on what you are eating) but WE don't know. The Doctor will know. I would not try any "home remedies" or homeopathic medications....ask the Doctor.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:33 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My baby is very happy she dosnt seem to be bothered by by it,the aloe is prolly not a good idea since it is oily,im glad i asked 1st,i hate to see her like this shes such a pretty baby,i dont consider myself vain,i think its beauty on the inside of people should be interested in but i find myself mentioning it to just about everyone when they meet her....is that bad?or am i just explaining what it is?
    evakeniva4

Comment by evakeniva4 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on May. 27, 2011