Edit: Question for those whose kids have different fathers.

Original Question: Do your kids have the same father?

Are you ashamed of that?

I'm ashamed of my daughter'a father, of ever been involved with him and having his child. I adore my daughter and she has a father, my husband who's been with me since she was 6 months old, but her biological dad is a loser who has never showed any interest in almost 5 years now. I'm ashamed of the fact that one day I will have to tell her the truth about her biological father. I just recently had another child and I deeply, deeply wish that biolgically my husband would have been her father too. Anyone else feels the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on May. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm pregnant with my 5th. 3 will be my husband's. One was from when I got pregnant as a teenager and he split. One is from a guy who decided after I was pregnant he didn't want to be with me anymore. Sometimes I'm ashamed. Not too much though because I'm blasting it on the internet. Mostly I'm upset that I let that happen to me. The 1st 2 times specifically. But if my 2nd child wasn't born when and by whom he was, I would have never spent so much time back then online where I met my current husband. Everything in life happens for a reason. I have experience as a mom; which has put my husband at ease and helps him to be a better father.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:17 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My oldest is a half sibling to my younger 2, and my Hubby is Step Father to all 3. 1st ex vanished, 2nd ex see's the other 2 on a scheduled basis. My Hubby is great with all 3 and they love him very much. There are families of all shapes and sizes, 2 moms, 2 dads, Grandparents raising Grandkids, etc etc... If you love them, then that's all that matters. People adopt children everyday and they aren't blood related, and the love is there just the same. Our oldest knows about his biodad and doesn't let it dictate his life. He has unconditional love from his Step Dad, and that's all that matters.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:22 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I have 3 sons and my oldest has a different father. However, my SO is the only father he has known. He hasn't asked a lot of questions about his bio dad. I can understand how you feel, but I don't feel ashamed. I just tell myself there is a reason this wonderful child came into my life, no matter how he came to be and enjoy every minute of him. Keep your head up!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:18 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I have 4 children and they all have the same father. We celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary next month and have been together for over 24 years.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:05 PM on May. 26, 2011

• yes they have the same dad
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:05 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My boys both have the same father - my husband. Good luck to you.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:05 PM on May. 26, 2011

• All three of my children have the same dad.. I do get asked a lot if they are from the same man because of the age difference between child 1 and child 2..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Mine do, yes. But why would anyone be ashamed of their kids having different dads? Isn't that kind of thinking rather archaic? I mean, I don't have two parents in common with ANY of my 8 siblings... And only 2 of them have 2 parents in common... So what? It doesn't make us lesser people or mean we are less family...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I have 3 kids with the same husband. We have been together for 18 years, married 17 in July.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I guess you would have to be in my shoes to understand, or in a similar situation. I don't think of us as any less of family because of this, not at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 PM on May. 26, 2011