Spousal age difference.

What's the age difference between you and your hubby, fiance, boyfriend, signifigant other, boy toy, whatever you like to call him?

Do you think greater age differences are abnormal?

My SO and I are almost 12 years apart. I've had friends voice that they think it's weird and have caught family member's negative reactions. No one's ever made me feel bad about it, but at the same time, I know there are some who just find it weird or inappropriate or whatever they may feel. Is this a select few, or more widely viewed as strange?

DJsMommy610

Asked by DJsMommy610 at 3:09 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• There's 4 years between us. But there were 16 years between my in-laws... And I've never seen age as more than a number!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:10 PM on May. 26, 2011

• 4.5 years, he's older. I think it's a pretty regular age difference, not an outlier that's for sure. But we started dating when I was a sophomore, he had just graduated, we were friends, and my family had an issue with that. But I certainly didn't care.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:11 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My DH and I are 5 years apart.
    He's the older one.

As he likes to say...He's the wiser one, and I'm the pretty one! rofl
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:11 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My DH is 6 1/2 years old.. He's a bigger child than I am age wise lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My hubs is 9 years older than I am.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• 5 months hes older then i am.. my kids father is 7 yrs older then i am
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:14 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I like my age difference with my Hubby, it's only 3 yrs, so we can relate on many things. My ex was 15 yrs older and the longer we were together the more I felt the difference... To each their own. What works for some doesn't always work for others, so I wouldn't worry about what others say.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:15 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm the older woman by 2 years.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:16 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm a year older than my husband.
    LizH84

Answer by LizH84 at 3:17 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My husband is 8 years older than I am. This raised some eyebrows because I met him when I was 19, but it has always worked for us. I think the larger the difference, say 20+ years, the wierder it becomes. Regardless of who is older. I feel at that much of a gap, you no longer have any kind of common ground. Your life experiences are too different to be compatible. That being said, there are people out there who make it work. Its just not for me though.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:22 PM on May. 26, 2011