7 yr older sleepover

My daughter has a friend who live in an apartment building were there are registered sex offenders. The little girl has slept over our house and now the mom is calling me wanting my daughter to sleep over there. I just don't feel comfortable about it. How should I tell the mom this with out sounding mean. I feel bad because I feel like I'm punishing the little girl and her parents for were they can afford to live. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lee74

Asked by lee74 at 3:11 PM on May. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Unless the SO is in the same apt. I don't get what the issue is.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:15 PM on May. 26, 2011

• how big is the complex and does the mom know about they SO living there?.........talk to her about your concerns.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 3:35 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It depends on the level of the sex offender. Level 1 is least likely to offend again, while level 3 is most likely. If the sex offenders are level 3 there is no way in hell I'd let my child go over there. Level 1, I'd want to know how close they would be to my child.

I would just tell the mom that you're not comfortable with your child being over there.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:35 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Do you people understand that it's not the registered SOs we need to worry about? It's the ones who are off the radar or who have gone MIA after registering...
    Anonymous

• Then you need to keep your child in a bubble, they are everywhere and as said the ones you know about are not the biggest threat it's the ones you don't and unless they live with the little girl I don't see the issue.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 4:54 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I understand your concern. Does this mom parent like you? Or is she the opposite? If she has the same parenting style, then we can assume she already knows there are sex offenders living there and takes every precaution she can. If she is the opposite, then she probably doesn't know or doesn't care. I would be okay with the sleepover if our parenting styles were the same. I would not allow it if the mom was a "whatever" kind of mom. I would just call the mom and tell her how you feel. Chances are, she will either convince you that your worries are real, or calm your fears of your daughter going over there.
    kiko2mommy

Answer by kiko2mommy at 5:10 PM on May. 26, 2011