Advise from Fellow Mommas Please?

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant. I have been having contractions for about 2 weeks now, but nothing major, just small sharp pains and cramping that feels like period cramps. My doctor told me that those are just small ones and to not worry about it until it gets to the point where I can handle it because I have already had multiple false alarms. My doctor is expecting me to go into labor early, and my mucus plug has already been falling out the past few days.
However, I was wondering if heat can cause contractions? I dont air conditioners in, and it is thick and hot outside. Seeing as it is that hot outside, it is 86 degrees inside my apartment. I have a fan blowing on me and Im drinking water that Ive been keeping in the freezer so its like ice water. But my back keeps on killing me and my stomach keeps cramping up and for the past week Ive been feeling his head pushing "down there" but its happening more frequently today.. My belly isnt getting hard but it doesnt when they are little contractions. I was wondering if the heat could be causing me to have contractions, or if its just me being uncomfortable.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 3:14 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd call Labor & Delivery and ask. Did the doctor say if you dilated?

Answer by admckenzie at 3:16 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Heat can't cause it, but it sounds to me like you are in labor! Call the doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:16 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Can I be in labor without my stomach getting hard with the contractions?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 3:17 PM on May. 26, 2011

• And the pains in my belly aren't unbearable or on a schedule , they hardly bother me, but the pains in my ribs and back are quite up there.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 3:19 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i had braxton hicks contractions from 30 weeks (many ER trips LOL and i was dialating more and more but nothing happened) until i delivered and i started loosing my mucus plug lil by lil as well at this time .... i made it to 40 and at my last apt i was 4cm and he still wasnt coming. they ended up inducing me
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 3:22 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I agree...call labor and delivery or give your drs office a call. Some people have "back labor" ..where most of the pain begins in your back rather than a tightening of the belly. Congrats and good luck!!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:23 PM on May. 26, 2011

• The previous posters are right. Call the doctor. What matters here how far you are dilated. You said you're feeling uncomfortable. You could be dilating. Your OB must check you.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 3:25 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Im expecting to have back labor because my back always kills during my contractions. But can I be having contractions/back labor without my belly getting hard?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 3:25 PM on May. 26, 2011

• You could be having back labor. I'd call and see if your doctor agrees

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 3:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• The heat will make you uncomfortable but that head pushing feeling is you in labor i would call the doctor! you may be dialating now.;
    Amber459

Answer by Amber459 at 3:37 PM on May. 26, 2011