Divorce - Are you more happy/content or less happy/content now?

Are you more happy/content now or less happy/content than when you were married? How about your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• After I divorced my first husband I was much happier and content being single. My kids were happier as well.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:23 PM on May. 26, 2011

• When my divorce from my ex husband was finalized, it felt like a weight of relief off my shoulders.I could breathe, I could smile, I could SING happy songs!! LOL I felt more fulfilled all around. I didn't care any longer what he said, what he did or who he did it too. My son was happier because I was happier...it was just for the greater of the good :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:25 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i was/am much happier now with out his weight on my shoulders........is it hard money wise ? you bet ......but i wouldnt change it for the world.....kids love the fact they are forced to see or deal with him if they choose not to......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 3:32 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I am remarried now but after my divorce from my ex, I was SOOOOOO much happier!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:45 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I am more content because of the situation i was in during our marriage - however, i don't have the same life style as I was once accustomed to but money doesn't buy happiness...
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:03 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm remarried, but I was/am so much happier! It was like there was a calmness to my days, so wonderful. The kids are calmer and more relaxed as well.

Answer by missanc at 4:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I felt like he was a Cast I took off(broken arm))  you look for it, think about it and miss it, but then again, you're glad it's gone, too!!! lol

turtldov

Answer by turtldov at 4:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• In hindsight I would not have divorced.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:09 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm coming from a kids perspective. Sure its nice for your parents, but its hell for the kids involved. Even if they "seem happy" really, deep down, they're miserable. My parents divorced when I was 6. Having to see one parent one week and then the other another week got really tiring after a while. Yeah theres perks, like 2 of every holiday, but your family is still divided. You feel like you have to try extra hard to get the attention you need. My mom, paid far too much attention, so much so that if I had the slightest mood swing, she would strip my room down looking for drugs. My father, didn't pay hardly any attention...he was living the bachelor life. Kids need 2 parents in the same household, and thats just it. A house divided cannot stand. I would have rather my parents fought all the time, then to have 2 christmas'. You marry someone, you better stick with it, unless there is spousal abuse involved.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 8:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I was so much happier!
    I know of a few couples that have divorced and they also feel such a relief. Their kids are fine and actually say they are happier because they aren't watching their parents tear each other apart in arguments. The house is calm and it's like they can concentrate.

A toxic relationship is never worth staying for the kids. That can also ruin them. How many kids you see on the news now a days and they come from a married household? Many. Something had to be wrong with some of those married homes. Children watching their parents argue can have a negative impact. You may marry someone you thought was one way and they do an about face. You never know someone until you live with them. And sometimes you don't find out who they are until after you have the kids. That's no reason to stay.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 9:42 PM on May. 26, 2011