After having kids, im wondering how many moms have time to get back in shape?? I have been thinking about it lately, have you been thinking of getting back to the gym?

having time to get back to the gym everyday

sugarmomma99

Asked by sugarmomma99 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't know about anyone else, but I think about it all the time. But with my husband's schedule and having no one around to watch my children, it makes it hard to do. Which I am sure is a common problem for many moms
    Anonymous

• i'm 6 months pregnant and i have 2 yr. old. i work out 7 days a week. i do something different everyday. my little girl loves it. we do yoga and other workout videos together. she doesn't finish them but i include her and after a little while she'll either watch me or go watch tv in her room. we also go walking in the afternoons. i put her in the stroller and we walk a mile or 2 in the park. she really loves that. i also joined a gym and she likes playing with the other kids in the nursery. you just have to get started and use whatever opportunities you have.
    tering

Answer by tering at 5:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I agree with tering. You can always work out to a video at home with your kids. They think its fun. Go for walks. If you have a baby put her in the stroller and walk fast. Don't do this where I live (in the desert) its summer. And yes, gym memberships are inexpensive these days, and my kids loved the caregivers in the nursery. Basically, its the motivation thats hard.
    susiefromthe80s

Answer by susiefromthe80s at 5:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I am a SAHM now, and exercise during one of my son's naps. Even 15 minutes a day really makes a big difference. We have an elliptical that I go on.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 8:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My son is 4mo and I have already lost my weight and then some (i only gained 22lbs and I'm now 4lbs under). I go to the gym at 6am 5 days a wk and at 8am on sundays. My lil one is still sleeping at those times. We also have an elliptical, i'm on that for 15min 3 different times a day. I'm also EBF, which helped a lot in the weight loss. Before I went to the gym I started exercising to videos, Jennifer Lee is a good one. She does videos FOR moms. I also do pilates and yoga. It was hard to get into a routine, but once I was on it for about a wk or 2 it got easier. Good luck
    Dylansmomma

Answer by Dylansmomma at 9:23 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I would put my daughter in her swing and she would face me and watch me on the treadmill....laughing the whole time!
    Anonymous