Do you think it's racist to....

Not date outside your own race (white, black, asian, hispanic, european etc) simply because you're not attracted to them? I don't think so. I personally couldn't be with someone I wasn't physically attracted to (in addition to liking their personality etc) and I have no problem expressing that to someone. I hate it when someone tells me I am racist because of this. Being racist is hating someone for their skin color, beliefs, religion etc; not refusing to date them because you're not attracted to them. Any thoughts? (And no bashing or I will bash you right back!)

Kari727

Asked by Kari727 at 3:28 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Discrimination based on race - definition of racism. hmmmm.. I didn't date men who smoked what is that called?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm white but I'm not attracted to white men lol I prefer black men.... my son is mixed, So if that's so I'm raciest?!?! haha no you just like what you like, you don't eat food you don't like so why date someone you don't like? People are dumb if they consider that being racists!

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:33 PM on May. 26, 2011

• whatever rocks your boat or blows your skirt up nothing wrong with that I am attracted to men of all races who ever is hot or interesting to me but that is just me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:30 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I am white and I don't date white guys and I am FAR from racist. I just prefer hispanic lol.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:31 PM on May. 26, 2011

• No that certainly doesn't make you a racist. That's just stupid.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:31 PM on May. 26, 2011

• If you're not dating them because they are another race, then yes. But if you are not dating them simply because you aren't attracted to them then no. There is a difference. You aren't saying you wouldn't date someone of a different race IF you found them attractive, right? Then no... It would only be racist if you said you wouldn't date them solely because of their race - regardless of attraction, or if you didn't find them attractive simply because of some racial issue - which we can't know just by reading this...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:33 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Me personally.

No I do not consider that to be racist. Each and every person has their own "likes" or "taste" if you will when it comes to who/what they find attractive (physically, mentally..etc).
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:33 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i was told i was racist bc i dont date white guys... its not racist bc u dont hate that racist its just what u prefer
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:29 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I like men. I married a man. Does that make me gender bias?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:30 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't think it's racist. If you made it an appoint to be critical about what you didn't like them physically and really got into it then, maybe yes. Simply because, your not attracted to someone doesn't make you racist. You just have a type and you stick to it. That's normal.
    MommyMJean

Answer by MommyMJean at 3:33 PM on May. 26, 2011