Back labor?

I am expecting to have back labor, I have been having contractions since 30 weeks and I had to get the shot to stop my contractions. I started losing my mucus plug a few days ago, I keep getting cramping that feels like really bad period cramps and small sharp pains in my belly. The pains arent unbearable, but the pain in my back is pretty bad and uncomfortable. My doctor said that these pains are small contractions, and since Ive had so many false alarms, to not bother going to labor and delivery until I cant really handle the pain. However, my back pain wasnt there like this before, but my belly isnt and hasnt been getting hard with these contractions.
So my question is, does my belly get hard if the pain from my contractions is mostly in my back? Should I not worry about anything unless my belly is getting hard even though my back hurts and Im getting sharp pains in my belly?

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 3:36 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I felt nothing in my belly when in labor, it was ALL in my back. 15 long hours of it, lol
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:41 PM on May. 26, 2011

• So my belly doesnt have to get hard to be having contractions in my back?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 3:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I was in back labor for 32HRS with my first one. Your belly doesnt always get hard and contracted like with a regular labor.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 3:53 PM on May. 26, 2011