Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Diabetic,What doctor should I go too?

My husband & I want to TTC again, I've had 3 pregnancies unfortunately 1 was an ectopic pregnancy & the other 2 were miscarriages. I also found out I have type 2 diabetes & that was the cause of my 2 miscarriages. I've been taking care of myself to try & control my diabetes, but I want to be extra caution & go to a doctor who can help me get my diabetes under control before I get pregnant. My OB & Primary doctor have been helping me but I want a doctor who can really help me with my diabetes. Should I go to a fertility doctor? I have no problem in getting pregnant though I can get pregnant, or should I go to an endocrinologist? Any suggestions will help. Thank you in advance =)

Answer Question

Asked by VanillaBlondie8 at 3:48 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 18 (5,797 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • If you are wanting help solely with your diabetes, you should go to your primary doctor or another one that specializes in that field. If you only problem you are having with pregnancy is that your diabetes is making it hard for you to avoid miscarriage, a fertility doctor won't be able to do much, I'd imagine, since you have no problems with getting pregnant otherwise.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 3:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

  • endocrinologist they specialize in the endocrinology system which includes diabetes..they will also know some things about pregnancy with diabetes as you will probably see them as well as a reg. ob at least that's what I did. they both monitored my sugar levels but the endo was more in depth about it. GL!!!


    Answer by happymama02 at 5:00 PM on May. 26, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.