I'm Diabetic, what doctor should I go too?

My husband & I want to TTC again, I've had 3 pregnancies unfortanetly 1 was an ectopic pregnancy & the other 2 were miscarriages. I also found out I have type 2 diabetes & that was the cause of my 2 miscarriages. I've been taking care of myself to try & control my diabetes, but I want to be extra caution & go to a doctor who can help me get my diabetes under control before I get pregnant. My OB & Primary doctor have been helping me but I want a doctor who can really help me with my diabetes. Should I go to a fertility doctor? I have no problem in getting pregnant though I can get pregnant, or should I go to an endocrinologist? Any suggestions will help. Thank you in advance =)

VanillaBlondie8

Asked by VanillaBlondie8 at 3:49 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• An endocrinologist would be the best to get your DM type 2 under control.. Once that is under control, I would then see a fertility doctor to see if they can find out the cause of your MC's.. The two many not be related at all..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:53 PM on May. 26, 2011

• The endocrinologist is your best bet to get your diabetes under control. If you have difficulty getting pregnant, a reproductive endocrinologist (fertility doctor) is the doctor to see.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 4:22 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't have a problem getting pregnant, I CAN get pregnant,all my pregnancies I've gotten pregnant 3 months apart, thats why Im even using protection to not get pregnant until I can control my diabetes so I have no problem in that department. My problem has been to carry the pregnancies my OBGYN believes it's because of my Diabetes. I just want to know what doctor would be right to go see to help me even more get my diabetes under control before I ttc again.
    VanillaBlondie8

Comment by VanillaBlondie8 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I am a diabetic and I am on my second pregnancy, I go to a high-risk pregnancy doctor who can control all of the issues of pregnancy and diabetes... I go to both my regular ob as well as the high risk one, I recommend you ask your ob who he/she suggests for a high risk doctor.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 4:50 PM on May. 26, 2011