Anyone else having severe weather like never before?

I live in Pennsylvania and most of it is under a tornado watch til 10pm tonight. The other night Northumberland and Juniata County each had a tornado touch down. It's never been like this and I really am getting very nervous. I live in a mobile home and my husband travels for work. Things look clear here for now but I might go to my Dads anyway.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 3:50 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• ~*Yes*~... I am in Califoria and by now we should be in our 90s, and we're getting rain/hail/thunder storms... but I am loving the 70s weather!!! Fan in doorway/window is cheaper
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:56 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm in California too. We had tornadoes yesterday. Unheard of out this way!! Thankfully they were small, and didn't stay on the ground long.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We are having the usual weather in Minnesota---thunderstorms, rivers flooding, tornadoes, etc. Just typical. I was born in 1941 and I have actually seen WORSE.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:58 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I live in Northwest Indiana and we had a severe storm situation the other day, but it seems like we always get sparred. Southern Indiana and even Illinois got SLAMMED yesterday, and all it did was rain here.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:53 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It's looking like it might start storming here soon. TWC says we might get hail. But it seems like typical summer-time weather.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We just had some storms pass over. We are all still shell shocked from the 4/27 storms where we had 6 tornados touch down in our city (Cleveland, tn). For a city where tornadoes are rare this has been a very active season. It is very nerve racking. If I were you I'd go to my dads. Better to be safe than sorry. May Gods angels wrap there arms around you and your family.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:00 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It's about average for this time of year in SC ~ we generally get a lot of severe thunderstorms with damaging wind and hail, occasional tornadoes ... and dang it is hot (but I don't like the heat much).
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We had a spell of hail and rain last night. The first rain we have had in weeks. Never know what the weather is going to do in TX.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:03 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I wouldn't say 'never before'. There have been outbreaks like this before. There were record number of tornadoes and flooding in the 30's and 40's. We just don't remember them (of course) and it isn't something that is discussed except the Dust Bowl or the blizzard in the 40's. This is just nature being nature.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/2010/06/the_heat_waves_of_the_1930s.html

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dvn/?n=armistice_day_blizzard

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:35 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I live in Southern IL. and many of my neighbors homes have been ruined by the flood water and 2 days ago a small tornado just went through our area and hit the only few homes that were spared from the water. 1 family had just gotten a new mobile home last week due to a fire and now their new home was completly destroyed, but somehow me and my family have been very lucky and have only had to replace our roof. We r seriously thinking about putting a shelter in the ground. Oh and last nite the schools roof got blown off and now school is out for the year.

hollieshobbie

Answer by hollieshobbie at 4:10 PM on May. 26, 2011