Can someone give me an excellent home made mac n cheese recipe...please read side notes

must have flavor. my dad makes a home made mac n cheese that is so bland. i like big flavor.
must be creamy. whenever i've made it the corn starch (which i know makes the sauce thick) also gives it an awful texture
don't care if it's baked or not as long as it's delish
no additives. just pasta and cheese. no peppers or tomato or sausage. i ad my own stuff
my favorite cheeses are cheddar and mozzarella and those are usually the ones i use, but like i said the corn starch gives it an awful texture.
ok give me your best

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Use velveeta instead. It will have a bolder taste.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:13 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I use a variety of cheese - I don't have a recipe though, sorry - colby, jack, cheddars (more than 1 kind), etc. I usually just grate it (pre-grated doesn't melt the same) and heat it with a little whole milk or cream or whatever I have, while the noodles are cooking. And some mustard - most recipes call for the dry stuff, I use the prepared smoothi dijon. Then when the cheese is melted, or close to it, I toss it all together.
    Anonymous

• Martha 'Stewart's Mac & Cheese Recipe It's Incredible and has BOLD flavor it takes a little effort to make but it's worth it. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:22 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It will probably give you a heart attack but I love Paula Dean... http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/creamy-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe/index.html
    Anonymous

• crock pot Mac
    1 (16 oz.) pkg. macaroni
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 (13 oz.) can evaporated milk
    1 1/2 cups milk
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
    1 cup jack
    a handful of feta
    1/2 cup melted butter
    a dash of pepper

Preparation:
    Cook macaroni in boiling salted water, following package directions. Drain well. Grease bottom and sides of 3 1/2 to 5-quart crockpot. Toss hot macaroni in slow cooker with the vegetable oil then add all remaining ingredients. Stir gently to combine then cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:50 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We do grated cheese--usually sharp white aged cheddar--and velveeta. Cube both and melt in simmering milk. When macaroni noodles are finished pour the mixture over the drained noodles and stir until incorporated. Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.

You can divide into portions and place each portion on an oven-safe dish. Add grated cheese then broil 'til the top is bubbly and brown. Yummy!

(We're also a fan of using Pepper Jack Cheese on days we need a bit more flavor!)
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 5:10 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Honestly, I just grate extremely sharp cheedar cheese. layer with cooked noodles and before I put on the last layer, I pour a cup of milk with an egg beaten in to it. And then I bake. You want to not be bland - it needs to be Extremely Sharp or Extra sharp cheedar cheese.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:26 PM on May. 26, 2011

• You should use a bechamel, and for bold cheese: white cheddar, fontina, and gruyere are nice choices.
    Bechamel recipe: http://southernfood.about.com/od/saucerecipes/r/bl30108y.htm
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 10:49 PM on May. 26, 2011

• All Day Macaroni and Cheese

8 ounces elbow macaroni
    4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
    1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
    1 1/2 cups milk
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a large pot, cook the macaroni in boiling
    water 10 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.

In a large bowl, mix the cooked macaroni,
    3 cups of the sharp Cheddar cheese, evaporated
    milk, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper.

Transfer to a slow cooker that has been coated
    with non-stick cooking spray.

Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of shredded
    sharp Cheddar cheese.

Cover, and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours, or until
    the mixture is firm and golden around the edges.

Do not remove the cover or stir the mixture until
    the mixture has finished cooking.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 PM on May. 28, 2011