Do something!!!!

I am a SAHM...my SO is supporting me and my 3 kids all i have to do is keep up the house and cook and go to school in Aug. not too bad. It's getting old though. I never get a break my kids dad won;t take all of them at the same time and then when his 2 are over it;s even harder because I have to take on the parent role for them...he just does the fun stuff...it;s not fair the man doesn't even throw his crap away..he leaves his empty soda cans on the counter anf doesn't even clear his plate off the table. I knew I was gonna have 2 more kids to care for every now and then,but I didn't realise he was that damn lazy. When he was here on his own his house was always clean so I know he can do it..it was fine at first,but enough is enough!!! I even take the garbage out. I just don't know how to put my foot down. It's my job to care for the home,him and the kids,but he doesn't do anything..not even on the weekends when he doesn;t work!!!!

happymama02

Asked by happymama02 at 3:55 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell him what you just told us. Tell him he is supposed to be your equal not another child. Good luck!!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:57 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Stop cooking for him.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 3:58 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I was saying that you know that he can do all this things because he used to do it. Stop cleaning after him. He knows better!
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 3:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• stop cooking and picking up after him, he will question you but stand firm and tell him that you didn't know you were adopting another kid.....
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:00 PM on May. 26, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... first of all, are the things he does really that bad? And CM is a great place to put things back into perspective?!?! Hahaha

Look at the things these other women put up with??? Does your husband abuse you in any way (sexually, emotionally, physically, etc.)??? Does your husband constantly get drunk or do drugs??? Does your husband have an addiction of any kid??? Does your husband cheat on you???

When I get frustrated with my husband because his clothes are on the bedroom floor, or he's watching sports, or whatever is minor compared to what women here put up with to not be single... I am grateful that my so called problems are not as bad as what others think is normal behavior... ~*Hugs*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:01 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Tell him what you told us!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:01 PM on May. 26, 2011

• And please do not stop doing your end of things, good way to loose a good man and end up with what others settle for??? Simply talk to him... communication, honesty, and trust are key foundations in a relationship... not abusive behaviors like noted (that is a good way to find yourself single and there are plenty of single women that would love to have yours)... starting with the fact he works so you can be with kids
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:04 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My ex was a drunk abussive ass..so yeah i know compared to him this is nothing,but he at least helped out...it's just been 6 months since I have had any kind of break at all...it;s ot even the cleaning as much as a little help wit the kids would be nice...I'll be cooking dinner up to my elbows in ground beef and have to stop wash my hands and seperate some kids..what's he doing? laying down or on the computer...it's not fair...if I wanted to be sinlge i would be! Sorry to vent ,but i have to get it out somehow..somewhere..lol
    happymama02

Comment by happymama02 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'd tell him that Yes, as a SAHM my job is to clean the house BUT everyone still needs to help out and pick up their own stuff / pick up after themselves. IF people keep leaving things sitting out and not putting it away- do what I do... when I get sick of seeing hubs crap sitting on the counter/table/sofa... I bag it all up and put his pile of mess on his computer desk/computer chair and the he HAS to deal with it!! Kids stuff too - if it is not picked up I tell them it will be bagged up and put in attic (unless it is needed for school). Boy do they scramble to pick up when they see me going to pull a garbage bag out of the cabinet.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I think that's why I don;t say anything or can't...he is supporting my kids and me..not something many men would do at all..i don;t even get child support...just a pack of diapers now and then...I feel better just venting it out a bit...it does make me happy to make him happy..i just get frusterated sometimes thanks for reminding me some of you ladies why I do it.
    happymama02

Comment by happymama02 (original poster) at 4:08 PM on May. 26, 2011