Root canals i dont feel as if i need it done plz help

okay i had went to the dentist and they tried to clean out my cavity and they said that i needed a root canal but the cavity dont look bad and it dose not hert what should i do im leveing to a new area i wanted to get my two teeth filled in but my mother took the dentist number an called without me knowing and told them i needed a root canal and that it was realy important the dentis that i had went to was inpatient what should i do should i just get it done or make them change it and just get a fill in plz help i dont no what to do

jack90

Asked by jack90 at 4:26 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• I don't think dentists would suggest a root canal because your mother called them. It never hurts to get a second opinion. Can you wait until you get settled in your new place and see a dentist in that area. Don't tell you mom which dentist you are going to. See what the new dentist suggests.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:28 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Go to another dentist and get a second opinion. You might not feel pain where you need a root canal bc the nerves are still cover or dead.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:29 PM on May. 26, 2011

• if the dentist says you need a root canal I would listen. If you don't then it could end up being really serious! It could cause an infection which could get into the blood stream, cause nerve damage and in worse cases go to your heart and brain! So I would follow the doctors advice.
    lilbrewcrew

Answer by lilbrewcrew at 4:29 PM on May. 26, 2011

• A dentist isn't going to recommend a root canal if it isn't necessary. Just because you aren't in pain, doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong. If you think you don't need one, get a second opinion.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:30 PM on May. 26, 2011

• see the thing is were im going to there not as high tech as were i am now i dont want to see a new one cause i rather get it dont here at the new place im only staying there for a year not a vary good place to get surgery's or root canals but i feel as if i need a second opinion
    jack90

Comment by jack90 (original poster) at 4:32 PM on May. 26, 2011