Is this an eating disorder......

or is it just a normal pregnancy thing?

So I am half way through my pregnancy and only eat twice a day(not complete meals either it's very little) and rarely snack sometimes never. I just hate food and can't stand eating. I'm not worried about getting fat food just seems gross to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• Are you taking prenatal vitamins?
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 4:32 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I would talk to a doctor...I know when i was preggers there was alot i wouldnt eat because it looked gross, but i still ate all day
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 4:33 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Probably not. It's just that you have no appetite from being pregnant. Keep eating the smaller meals but do it more often. You can also ask your doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:34 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes I am taking prenatal viatamins.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:40 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't know, this doesn't sound healthy. I think you should talk to your doctor. Are you gaining enough weight? Even if there is only one or two things that you can stomach right now you should be trying to eat more often than two small meals a day. Could you do smoothies with yogurt and fruit and maybe a litlte protein powder or something? You can find online recommendations about how many calories a day you need when you are pregnant, and how much protein, etc. Your body needs those things to build a healthy baby, healthy brain, organs, etc. Look at what you need and compare it to what you are eating and try to find ways to fill in the blanks. Good luck, Mama.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:50 PM on May. 26, 2011

• i feel the same way and i dont think its an eating disorder
    tazzii310

Answer by tazzii310 at 5:37 PM on May. 26, 2011

• bump
    tazzii310

Answer by tazzii310 at 5:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I eat like that all the time...when I was pregnant the nutritionist who works with my OB/GYN talked to me to work on what I could do to eat where I was still getting enough calories.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:49 AM on May. 27, 2011