Eat healthy ? or eat anything you want?

My sister told me to eat anything I want while Im pregannt because I need to gain some weight because I am very thin for my age and height and I do wanna eat everything i want I just wanna make sure i am aloud to whats your feed back?

aliciareichle

Asked by aliciareichle at 4:36 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You do want to gain weight, but you need to gain it in a healthy way. Weight gained from fats and sweets isn't healthy for you or baby. Weight gained from protein and vitamins and minerals will do you both much more good. Discuss your concerns with your doctor, but in the meantime, eat healthy.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 4:39 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Do both. Make the staples of your diet healthy - lots of fruits & veggies, lean meats, you know what's good. But if you feel like ice cream or cookies, have them. Just remember moderation is the key!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Eat lots of healthy foods, and eat the not so healthy foods in moderation. Don't have cake for dinner, but it's ok to have a little for dessert. It's good to gain weight when you are pregnant, your baby needs you to do that, but if you go crazy and gain too much it can be hard to lose it later. Make sure to eat lots of healthy proteins (chicken. turkey, lean meats) and lots of fruits and vegetables. Talk to your doctor about what you should be eating and how much. It also can help to eat several smaller meals throughout the day to keep your energy up.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:43 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Your baby "eats" what you eat. It's best to eat as healthy as you can during & after your pregnancy. That being said, that doesn't mean you can't splurge or indulge yourself. I craved rainbow sherbet, Milky Ways & Gino's pizza when I was pregnant w/ my dau! But that doesn't mean I ate those things every day. Enjoy being pregant & remember to take your vitamins & go for walks to keep fit. It will help w/ your pregnancy & labor. GL! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:45 PM on May. 26, 2011

• thanks for all the feed back
    aliciareichle

Comment by aliciareichle (original poster) at 4:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I am a BIG SNACKER! I love snacking between meals but I make sure its healthy. An orange, applesauce, cheese and crackers, a muffin, celery sticks, etc. Eating healthy is alot easier than it seems. I still have a cookie occasionally or some ice cream. It's perfectly fine.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:51 PM on May. 26, 2011

• try to gain weight on healthy things like everyone else said :)
    It will help you lose the baby weight faster once the baby is born
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:26 PM on May. 26, 2011