How many of you had missed a period, had negitive home test, and still ended up pregnet?

I have a dr.s appt next wed. june 1st, i just cant seem to keep my mind from wondering about it. I had a period March 26th(Which is right about on time, they very 2 to five days but always end or just begining of month) which was very short, they usually last 5 heavy days. This was 1 and a half maybe two light days. Then nothing in April begining of May i took a home test, and it was negitive. Then on sunday the 22 I took a test again negitive again. I have been off of birthcontrol almost a year now having been on one type or another for 10 years now. Never missed a period except when i was pregnet twice before. If my appt. on June 1st is negitive, then what could be causing no period. Really not getting any pregnancy sysmptoms, but did not really get any with previous pregnancys. Am i pregnet or is something wrong, I want to be pregnet thats what makes it hard to tell if I am or not. Im reading a lot into it. If any of you are christian please pray that i am, thank you!

chris7797

Asked by chris7797 at 4:44 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Me...false negatives are common...good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:45 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Me too. It does happen.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 4:49 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It happened to me with my first. False negatives are common.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 4:50 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I have two kids and have never had a positive on a pee test.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:18 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Not me. but a friend of mine tested of 4 months straight and it never showed up. Finally they did an ultrasound to confirm it.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 5:32 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My cousin took probably 10-20 pregnancy tests and ALL were negative so she set up a doctors appointment. They told her she had a UTI and the UTI was blocking the test from coming through clearly. She took a weeks worth of medicine then re-tested and it was positive.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 6:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• false negatives are common.
    I have a friend that even when she was 8 mo pregnant came up neg on a HPT... her baby was fine, just a weird thing I guess
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:25 PM on May. 26, 2011

• When I was pregnant with my son, the only symptom I had was a missed period. However, every time I tested, it was negative. I did not get a positive hpt until I was about 5 weeks late. I am now 12 weeks pregnant and when I was late I tested and got a positive right away...very strange, but I guess that just goes to show you how much our bodies change.
    SDA722

Answer by SDA722 at 9:40 PM on May. 26, 2011

• When i took my pregnancy test i was only like 2 weeks late and it said pregnant right away..like the test said wait f min and look rite when my pee hit it 2 pink lines came up! But i kno ppl who have never had a positive test and have many children..
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 11:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• ME ME ME! Lol. It took two weeks for me to get positives on a pregnancy test. I took ones before the two weeks and they came back negative but I knew I was pregnant because I had been puking 2 weeks straight and that never happens to me! Some girls it just takes longer for a positive to show up because its all about hormone levels. Some girls hormones levels rise slower then others. I say if you really feel like theres a chance keep testing, because you never know! After 2 weeks I had DARK positives. Before then negative but i just knew i was pregnant!
    Mom2BeInJuly11

Answer by Mom2BeInJuly11 at 6:40 PM on May. 27, 2011