Anyone ever have a yeast infection and treated it without going to see a doc?

What worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Health

• nope i had 2 go 2 the doc like 5 times for it after i had my dd
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Garlic wrap it in gauze tie a string around it and insert it vaginaly works great do it for about 3 day and your yeast will be gone but do it at night before bed because within minutes of it being in there you will taste garlic but it works
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 8:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I've heard that plain yogurt works. But just go buy the 3 day Monistat from Walmart if you don't want to go to the doctor.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I've never gone to a doctor for a yeast infection. Diflucan (the prescription pill for yeast infections) doesn't do squat for me, so there's really no point in going to the doctor for me. I have used a variety of products successfully. I have the best luck with the 7 day cream/ointment treatments that you can buy at the drug store. Sometimes the 1 day products or the 3 day products just don't quite fix it for me and it comes right back. Similarly, the pill/capsule treatments don't always work too well for me, either. I also cut down on sugar and take acidophilus supplements for a week or so. Another option is boric acid capsules (you insert them vaginally, just like the other OTC yeast infection meds).
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i heard once that alka sltzer works dont know why or how but i heard it. When i think i am getting one i drink as much water as i possibly can and sometimes they go away, and i get bad ones. To prevent them if anyone needs to know

Where cotton underwhere (especially to bed)
    Urinate after sex
    Yogurt if on antibiotics
    Drink a lot of water because if there is bacteria in UT it flushes it out
    Go when u feel the urge

Most people get a UTI because they don't drink enough or go enough You have to flush any bacteria out that could get in. Ur UT is supposed to be sterile!!!
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i am sorry that is for a UTI but a lot of those thing will help with both I NEED TO GO TO BED
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• AZO pills n the feminie care section of ur pharmacy. it's all natural and about 6 bucks compared to monistat which is close to 20. i double the amount it says to take...it takes about 3 days 2 b cured all the way, but u feel relieved after one.
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 9:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• The Monistat One ovule thingie works every time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I had 3 of them while I was pregnant with my baby... I never saw a doctor. Monostat took care of it every time...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2008