My food log from today... I know it was so bad

Today was awful! Just tell me how awful so I can try and counter it tomorrow! lol

7:00- coffee with skim milk and sugar
8:00- strawberry muffin
10:00-apple with PB (I just wanted some!!)
12:00- turkey and cheese melt (yes I frilled it with butter) and carrot sticks which I dipped in blue cheese
2:00: a banana
4:00: cheese and whole wheat crackers (6)
Dinner at 6 will be: (1/2) Grilled turkey burger with Havarti, (1/2) corn on the cob and steamed broccoli.

Walked/jogged 5 miles

Only 15, 126 steps today

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Why is that bad at all?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:58 PM on May. 26, 2011

• If that is BAD you don't want to know what I had.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 4:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• ok skim milk, bad. know why? cause when you take the fat out of milk you take all the nutrition out and you're only drinking the sugar of it. whole milk is better. the fat in the milk does not create fat on the body, it give you nutrients your body needs. carbs and sugar create fat on the body, not animal fat. PB is good. it's loaded with protein. butter is not bad for you, again animal fat doesn't create body fat and it has no carbs....all in all i'd say the only bad part was the coffee and skim milk. everything else is good. i'm a nutrition freak. i've studied it extensively
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:03 PM on May. 26, 2011

• WAY too much sugar. Sugar from fruit still spikes insulin levels, and should be consumed in moderation. Too much sugar is also added calories and gets stored as fat. Other than that, not bad.
    Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 5:08 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Skim milk is every bit as nutritious as whole only minus the fat content. Anyone who can read a nutrition label is aware of that. Butter is fattening but can be enjoyed in moderation.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 5:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Try replacing some of the fruits with vegetables instead. Maybe eat one fruit today, and there is such thing as healthy fats. Peanut butter, almonds, Olive Oil, things like that are really good for you in moderation.
    Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 5:39 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Not sure what you're going for here- but here's my thoughts and I'll write in all caps so it's easier to see- but I'm not yelling =) :

7:00- coffee with skim milk and sugar
    8:00- strawberry muffin TONS OF SUGAR IN THIS, AND PROBABLY NOT REAL FRUIT. I'D TRY SOMETHING ELSE FOR BREAKFAST.
    12:00- turkey and cheese melt (yes I frilled it with butter) and carrot sticks which I dipped in blue cheese YUMM! FOR A CHANGE YOU COULD TAKE THE TURKEY OUT AND DO A TOMATO MELT INSTEAD. OR ADD TOMATOES TO IT FOR MORE FRESH PRODUCE.
    2:00: a banana
    Dinner at 6 will be: (1/2) Grilled turkey burger with Havarti, (1/2) corn on the cob and steamed broccoli. ACTUALLY THAT LOOKS REALLY GOOD. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT ALL YOUR FRUITS AND VEGGIES IN. WHEAT, CALCIUM. EVERYTHING LIKE THAT. WAY TO GO CHICA!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:19 PM on May. 26, 2011