how much does you 15-16 month old weigh?

my sons 16 months and he weighs 30 lbs already wow I hope he doesnt gain for a while. Doc says he'll shed some when he walks and gets good at it. How much did your kids lose??

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Holy moly!! When my daughter was 16 months, I think she was about 17lbs. She is almost 23 months right now and she just hit 21 lbs!! She's a little bean.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son is 18 months and barley cleared 20 at his last appointment but he has always been puny!! but My daughter weighed more at a year old than she does now she was a super super fat baby i mean like you had to lift up her rolls to wash under them LOL and now she is a tall super skinny little thing.... my other son was a big baby and his still a real big kid but not fat at all!! I wouldnt worry about it at this age!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My oldest was like that. I can't remember how much he weighed, but he was always at the top of the charts with weight! He's 3 now, and actually at the bottom of the chart. As soon as he starting running around, playing more, going outside to play, all of that, he slimmed right down. My sister's son was the same way. I wouldn't worry about it at all!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 9:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son is 16 months and he weighs 25 pounds. My doctor said he needs to eat more. But he is very active and eats a lot. When I was a kid I could eat so much food and not gain weight I think he will be the same way..
    Miyagismommy

Answer by Miyagismommy at 9:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my 19 mth old weighed 33 pds at his 15 mth baby visit! my 2 1/2 year old weighes the same the dr says thats normal b/c the 19 mth old was 10pds at birth where the 2 1/2 was 5 pds at birth and they are just gaining at a normal rate--just one started out heavier to begin with! how much did he weigh at birth?
    scooter3017

Answer by scooter3017 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Just look at a food pyramid and try to follow it. If they eat a balance diet don't worry. My daughter is a chunk but, she eats 4-5 Whole grains
    2-3 Veggies
    3 Fruits
    3 meats/ poultry
    3+ Dairy
    She may not eat it everyday but she is offered it and if he is not used to this he will get used to it, and don't think that he doesn't like something if he turns it down once.

Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I don't know if you wanted all this advice, but i am a nursing student and i know parents worry about their children's weight. It really doesn't matter what they weigh as long as they are getting the nutrient they need and meeting their daily needs. I could go on and on if you or anyone else need anymore adivice about this or ideas i would love to help. The main thing that parents dont realize is that by feeing their children all this crap out there whether their children are chubby or skinny they are putting them at high risk for diabetes. it is rising soooo fast
    Cherish050307

• My son is 16 mo and weighed 30 lbs a month ago. He's not really fat, just solid as a rock. He's built just like his dad and my SS. My 10 yo was a big baby and toddler, too. He never lost weight, just kind of leveled off around 2 years. By the time he went to kindergarten he still had a little baby fat, but normal weight. Now, he only weighs 70 lbs. He's so skinny. I can count his ribs! He eats 3 meals a day, just never was much of a snack kid.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2008