Did your parents split up and marry someone else, do you LIKE the person they married?

When did they marry them(were you a kid or once you were all grown)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• ummm yep they both got remarried my dad did when i was 8 and i don't really care for her she freaking lazy and makes the kids do everthing. and my mom just got married in sep i am now 20 and this guy is ok but i think she could of done better
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My mom remarried when I was 8 I hated him. She devorced him 6 months later. then re-remarried when I was 11 I struggled bc of the first step dad but now am cose as ever with my step dad.
    mocamomma22

Answer by mocamomma22 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My dad died just before I turned 16, and my mom remarried when I was 22. I really like the guy she married and wish he was my biological dad and had been the one to raise me. He treats my mom like a queen, me like a daughter, and my sons like his own grandchildren. He calls us such, and brags about us the same as if we were blood family.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My parents are still married, I'm 27, they've been married for 35 years. All I know is if for some unforseen reason they did split, which they never will, I would hate anyone either of them got involved with. No way could I handle seeing either one with another person.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 8:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yes they divorced and one remarried and hates his new wife. they are now getting divorced
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 8:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my mom and dad were together for 23 years when i was 18 they split up and got a divorce. it killed me inside. my mom decided she wanted to leave my dad after finding a man on fling.com (yeah i know its terrible) my dad did everything for my mother and us kids...she didnt have to work or anything. she is now with a man who was in the army and is so insecure about hisself that he wants my mom to go nowhere or do anything unless he is there. she use to get up everyday and do her hair and makeup and dress really nice....now she wears mens basketball shorts and a tshirt...and this is all because of how he feels about himself...
    proudmama_2boys

Answer by proudmama_2boys at 9:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• he doesnt have a job and is making my mom and little brother (who has cerebral palsy by the way) sit in a home with no cable or phone or anything. he wont even look for a job because he doesnt want her to be home alone. when he was working he would leave for work and as soon as he got there he would call her and stay on the phone with her til lunch when he came home and then left and called her again....hes pathetic. my dad on the other hand is still madly in love with my mother and has not moved on
    proudmama_2boys

• My parents divorced when I was five.

I HATED my dad's second wife. I love his third (current) wife.
    I could care less about my mom's second husband. I absolutely HATE HATE HATE her third (current) husband. Everyone in my family hates him as well. But she's apparently happy being in an abusive relationship. Whatever *sigh*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Mine divorced when I was 19 and my sis was 16. Sis and I both really wish they would have done it sooner. Mom is single and Dad has been with his girlfriend for 3 years (she is AWESOME). She's about 20 years younger than him which might seem gross to some but they really are great together, and they're trying for a baby now, which Sis and I are psyched for too. We love her to death. Mom is having a harder time because of how generally difficult it can be for older women to date. This is one of the reasons we wish they would have split sooner. She did date one guy for a while who annoyed the hell out of us, but he was a good guy who gave her what she needed, so we kept our mouths shut and were just happy for her happiness. Really that's all we want, is for both of them to be happy. And they are both smart, self-aware people with good judgement, so we have yet to have any major issues with their choices!
    esr

Answer by esr at 2:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• My parents split in may after almost 29 yr. marriage. Me bro sis all grown with kids.... you should never think something cannot happen to you- it can. This was one of the hardest things I've ever gone thru bc my parents were so happy for so many years then my mom started having an emotional affair with her pastor two years ago and everything started to fall apart. Her and my dad were different but I did not see this coming at all. My dad treated her like a queen her whole life supported us- she never worked. He even gave her almost everything they owned in the divorce. He was so defeated just wanted it to all be over. The hardest part is what to tell my kids and answering their questions...
    momof3sparkmans

Answer by momof3sparkmans at 1:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2008