Is it just me, or....

have you ever taken something out, started cooking only to find out half-way you don't have one thing you MUST have to finish your meal!! LOL going to the store again!!

Hopeful_Gam

Asked by Hopeful_Gam at 5:32 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes all the time. Yesterday I had ground beef cooking, spaghetti boiling, and no spaghetti sauce. I could've sworn I had one jar of spaghetti sauce left Lmao!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 5:35 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes! All the time!! DH lost his job over2 years ago. Then in 2010 I got Cancer! We're always out of something due to us being down on our Luck! So we just do without. Or have something else. I get all upset & Start Crying.. I start..praying hard. Please let me have... We can't go to town. Gas prices are too high! We live in the rural country! Last time I needed something Sweet Michael is 6. He goes you should buy this & I say. We don't have any money. Michael says, You just got to go to the bank! Oh if it were that simple. The last things I needed for recipes were milk, cream of celery soup, kidney beans, cream cheese, sour cream and mixed vegetables!! Somethings you can't substitute! Best of luck having what you neeed!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:45 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I usually double check to make sure I have everything before I start, but yes, we've had that happen - more to DH than me lol. Luckily we live right by my IL's so if we need something they usually have it - and vice versa. We're always "borrowing" ingredients (meaning, MIL calls almost once a week to borrow something!). We don't have a grocery store in town, and 20 miles to the nearest - so if we're out, we're out! lol
    Anonymous

• It has happened to me before and will again at some point I'm sure.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:23 PM on May. 26, 2011