Would you think I'm crazy to have a 4th baby?

I teach so I'm home part of the year. I have 3 wonderful kids. When I was handed my 3rd after her birth my first thought was I'm not done yet. My husband is not saying no, but he is thinking this will "set us back" in terms of being moblie. My heart just won't give in, and I want this. What do you think?

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I say have as many as you want! Have 10 if you want, thats what all of our eggs are for. Woman should choose how many thery truly want and not by other people like family members teeling them how many they should or shouldn't have. Go fot it! Some people are just called to have alot of kids. I had friends that had 6 kids,and another friend that had 5 kids.
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• If you work and have 4+ kids how is it? I'm looking for advice from all. Thanks!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• We just added a 4th for us this past November. Nothing really has changed for us.
    amandantravis

Answer by amandantravis at 3:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• If you have the emotional resources to care for another baby and can afford the financial hit, then I don't think you are crazy. I'm a "one-only" mom myself and can't imagine the amount of patience you must have.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I meant to say if you work outside the home....all moms work, especially the sahms. I wanted to add this not to offend anyone.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Having 4 is really no different then having 3. If you feel like your family isn't done, go for it. It did take me till my baby turned 2 last month to feel like I was done. I wasn't sure till then. Now I know. Maybe give it a while before you make a choice.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 8:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• It will set you back in terms of being mobile but that's nothing compared to bringing another life into your family. I like 4 rather than 3 because I grew up in a family of 3 kids and I was always left out (middle child).
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2008