Update on what was in my fireplace!! I still have no idea, but I opened the flue!

I had a question on here earlier about what you all thought might be in my fireplace,, I am sorry but don't know how to attach the question to this one,, anyhoo, after sitting here and watching the dog, I decided to tape up the screen and go on to work,, came home and listened,, did not hear anything so I opened the flue and heard a crunching noise,,,, waited for something to drop out,, nothing,,so I have no idea if I smushed what was in there, or it got out,, but some of you had asked what the heck was in there,, and I wanted to give you an update... hugs to all of you that helped me!!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 5:44 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Hope there is nothing dead in there. Keep us updated and good luck!
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 8:49 AM on May. 27, 2011

• (i didn't see your other post) oh lawd!! i hope it got out, and isn't hurt or dying. we had something like that at a rent house..and we forgot about it after we no longer heard it. .....HAHAHAHA!! we came home from church one day and that room was literally crawling with flies..big ones. the more we investigated..you guessed it..something had gotten stuck, and died, and rotted..maggots, flies..idk how we didn't smell anything..maybe because there was actually SOME air, being an old chimney ?? idk..i thought we'd never get rid of those flies. what was the weirded thing was they didn't fly much...just crawled around, drunk-like..some would lift off, but never 'take off'.
    weird.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I seen your earlier post. I would have been scared to death to open the the flue. Glad you got up the guts and that you didn't have to deal with any wild varmint. Sounds like you squished whatever it was.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:53 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I'm glad it worked out...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 6:33 PM on May. 26, 2011

• GLAD IT WORK
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 7:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We once had a bird nest in ours. Had to call someone we knew to come and take it out.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:53 PM on May. 26, 2011

• We had birds get in ours once.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 9:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Hope whatever it was got out
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 11:11 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Ew gross!!! Keep us posted!
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 11:16 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Well that sounds... gross... hope you get it removed safely!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 5:28 AM on May. 27, 2011