Mastitis

If you have had this problem, how long did it take before the pain went away? I started antibiotics yesterday but am still in a lot of pain. Thanks for your help. I realize it may be different for everybody, but just wanted a general idea about how long it took before it would feel better.

team21

Asked by team21 at 5:55 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• With a simple case of mastits the pain should be improved in about 24 of bed rest and frequent nursing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:03 PM on May. 26, 2011

• It takes a couple days for the antibiotics to kick in. I'm assuming u got a fever (infection) which is why ur taking meds. Remember that if ur taking antibiotics to also take probiotics (ex yogurt) because then u can develop thrush. Next time don't take the meds and just keep da baby on that boob n pump on the other.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:05 PM on May. 26, 2011

• yes...i did develop a fever
    team21

Comment by team21 (original poster) at 3:55 PM on May. 27, 2011