What do I do?

Ok, I was born 27 years ago with 3 holes in my heart, Drs. are relatively sure that it is because my mom was on seizure meds. I am fine and healthy and have no "side effects" of the surgery. My parents are divoced, my father called me this morning asking if I could call my mother and ask her what the names of the drs were that she went to when she was prego because there is a class action law suit that he saw and if you were born with a birth defect because of depakot (which my mother was on for seizures at the time) you could win all this money. This birth defect was to have to have happened within the last 20 yrs. My father called the # anyway they said that they couldnt' take *him (me) on as a client because i was 27 however he could get a lawyer on his own which he wouldn't have to pay for (unless he won)since it is a class action suit. this is what my father has decided he wanted to try however he needs the info about the drs from my mother. He claims that he doesn't want any of the money it would go to me and my mother. He is doing this for us. I don't really care either way. I am fine, healthy and happy without this whole thing. I told him i would call mom. I did and she said that she wouldn't give him the info because it was just a bunch of BS and that he shoudln't have put me in the middle ..... well she is traveling with her b/f and stored some things at our house that she didn't want in storage such as a chest of baby things from me and some keepsakes she wanted saved. She told me when I called her that she knew exactly where the info was that dad was looking for..."right under your nose"...which means(and i confirmed this suspition) it is in the chest. My father has had a lot of his own medical headaches and has jumped on this class action suit band wagon once before. He won and gave us 2000.
So now the question is...do I do some digging myself and look in that chest to find out the drs names and give them to my father or do I tell him that mom wasn't interested and see if he will leave it at that? Should I do the digging and win the money wouldn't be split between me and my mother as she didn't want to "help". I am not looking to get rich quick I just don't know what to do?

full_house

Asked by full_house at 5:55 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Do whatever YOU want in this case. If your father wins you can get some cash and if not... oh well.
    And if he did win, I would split the money between the 3 of you even though your mom din't actively help.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 6:11 PM on May. 26, 2011

• honestly? i wouldnt give it to your dad... HE wasnt born with the 'issues'... he didnt take the meds.
    if anything, i say YOU fight for it... i mean, he shouldnt get mad since it'll be for you and your brother right? in the end, it lands in your hands... if what he's saying is right/true... and if he does get mad that YOU'RE taking on the case, then honestly, there's your answer; he wants to use his child as an excuse to get money.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 9:03 PM on May. 26, 2011