I think I have a vaginal infection adult content

Before my son was born I started having a foul odor down there and now it's almost 10 months later and it's been getting worse. I've had mirena in since september so I don't know if it's a side affect from that. I've had a yeast infection when I was pregnant and it seems kind of like that but monistat did not help when I took it in october. 4 years ago I had pelvic inflammatory disease and bacterial vaginosis after having a miscarriage. This doesn't seem the same as those either, but I've read that 85% of women don't feel pain or have any symptoms from them so I don't know. What could it be? Oh and I know I don't have any stds. I've been with my SO for the past 3 years and have been tested before and after him, also neither of us have had other partners since we've been together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• wow have you seen a doctor? If not you should, don't let time pass without getting diagnosed and treated.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 6:26 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Sounds like a reaccurance of Bacterial Vaginosis. You will have a vaginal discharge with odor that are the predominant symptoms.
    You may experience an unpleasant fishy odor with the discharge. The discharge is usually thin and grayish white and is often more noticeable after sexual intercourse. The monistat didnt help because it only helps to cure yeast infections which are mistaken a lot for bacterial vaginosis. Remember yeast does not have a predominant odor (fishy). Yeast is more like bread smell
    Good luck
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 6:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I have only had discharge during/after sex but the odor is constant. I'm going to try to get an appointment soon.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:47 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Get checked for BV
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:48 PM on May. 26, 2011